- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
To provide financial, management and project accounting support to Finance Managers within area of responsibility.
- To manage the day to day activities of specific accounting / funding streams.
- To review and deliver financial information to non-financial managers, identifying trends, opportunities and continuous improvement.
- To complete month end tasks according to the month end timetable.
- To undertake ledger reconciliations and investigate and report issues.
- To prepare and input journals.
- To prepare area Profit and Loss analysis and supporting information.
- To maintain, support and develop the open book accounting model.
- To maintain and review financial processes and controls, and promote understanding and compliance within the business through reporting and feedback.
- To contribute to statutory reporting.
- To support project accounting processes and procedures.
- To participate in other business projects / initiatives as requested.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with Client personnel involved directly or indirectly with the contract
- Liaise with all staff including Area Managers, Site Managers and the Commercial Team
- To assist with preparation of budgets and forecasts
- To assist and undertake financial investigations and audits
- To assist with the reporting and evaluation of financial and commercial risk
Role Specific Requirements:
- Assist with month end process
- Assist with balance sheet reviews
- Assist with data analysis for regional reviews
- Provide support for Finance Administrator as required (monitor finance inbox)
- Provide support for Management Accountants as required (ad hoc)
- Prepare various client/internal reports
- Maintain and monitor oil processes
- Other duties as requested
Skills & Experience Profile
· Excellent spreadsheet and word processing software skills
· Ability to work to strict deadlines
· Ability to take responsibility and work autonomously
· Ability to prioritise and plan for self
· Self-confident and emotionally resilient
· Ability to inspire confidence
· Effective team-working skills
· Experience of working in Construction or Property Maintenance services
· Experience of operating in a MOD environment
· Experience of staff supervision / first level line management.
Training & Qualifications
· Part qualified ACCA/CIMA
Internal / External
- Amey Operations team
- Amey Support functions
- Defence Infrastructure Organisation Local Management
- Local Customer Representatives
- Site Supply Chain Operatives
- Developed communication skills are required to influence internally and externally across the business
- Lead by example across the Amey contract by achieving objectives and consistently demonstrating the Company values
- Motivate colleagues through clear, effective direction and decision making and strive for excellence in personal objectives
- Make sound and timely decisions, using technical knowledge and practical experience
- Build strong relationships with local MoD personnel and the end user to ensure excellent delivery of the Amey contract
- Build and maintain effective collaborative relationships, within the Amey contract seeking to achieve benefits of joint value
- Able to influence and negotiate effective delivery within the remit of the Amey contract
- Maintain high standards for quality and achievement in a changing environment and maintain focus to delivery results
- Plan resources effectively and monitor against clear objectives, ensuring milestones and targets are met
- Through use of available technology produce and analyse data, maintain accurate records and identify problems within area of remit
- Work in compliance with Amey processes and identify and share effective ways of working within the Amey contract
- Manage cost value for money utilising technical knowledge and experiential experience
- Takes responsibility for the implementation of Health & Safety processes on site and shares effective ways of working within Amey contract
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of Finance processes and maintain focus on site to deliver results
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £20,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year