- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Title: 1st Line Support Engineer / Service Desk Analyst
Location: Bournemouth, BH8 8AQ
Salary: Competitive Plus Benefits
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
1st Line Support Engineer/ Service Desk Analyst Introduction:
Gilmond provides IT systems and services to the energy retail sector which have been specifically developed in-house with a single point of data entry, sophisticated workflow management and automated industry interaction.
We are continuing to expand the business and are currently recruiting a 1st Line Support Engineer/ Service Desk Analyst to join us on our journey.
Our 1st Line Support Engineer/ Service Desk Analyst will provide a central point of contact for customers, ensuring a consistent, timely and professional response in regard to incidents, service requests and advice.
1st Line Support Engineer/ Service Desk AnalystResponsibilities Include:
- Act as the first point of contact for all customer support needs via telephone and electronic communications.
- Take responsibility for the handling of new or ongoing incidents and service requests from customers whilst maintaining accurate and up to date records.
- Resolve any incidents or service requests where possible or delegate to the appropriate resolver team.
- Interface effectively with other internal teams to drive incident and service request resolution as quickly and effectively as possible.
- Carry out daily system health checks and monitor proactively to ensure that they are maintained to the highest of standards and optimised for customers.
- Identify any software enhancements and service improvement initiatives through day to day analysis of the systems.
- Pursue a continuous service improvement culture, contribute to, maintain and update procedures as well as knowledge base articles both internal and user facing.
- Help ensure client requested software changes and enhancements are delivered to meet their expectations through proactive customer engagement.
- Conduct customer/user satisfaction call-backs/surveys as agreed.
- Maintain a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
1st Line Support Engineer/ Service Desk Analyst Skills, Knowledge & Experience required:
- Previous experience working in a support role (preferable).
- Understanding of Microsoft tools.
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Confident and effective communicator.
- Positive and flexible 'can-do' attitude with a willingness to go above and beyond for both the team and clients.
- Quick learner.
- Always seeking continuous improvement in quality and effectiveness.
- Previous knowledge of the energy sector (advantageous).
What we offer the successful1st Line Support Engineer/ Service Desk Analyst:
- A competitive salary + benefits.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays,
- Exceptional development opportunities.
- Pension contribution plan.
- Great staff culture and working environment.
This is an outline Job Description and employees are expected to undertake other reasonable duties appropriate to the role, as directed.
All employees are expected to comply with the organisational Health & Safety Policy and to undertake their duties responsibly.
All candidates and employees must have the Right to Work in the UK as required by the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply below today.
- Service Desk Analyst
- 1st Line Support Engineer