- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
You’re the first of your friends to know about a major economic event. You have an appetite not only to see the world but to learn what makes it tick. You build relationships quickly and effortlessly and have a real desire for a career in a client-facing role. You're professional and personable, intelligent and analytical. You're a solution-provider, with a passion for providing platinum customer service.
Does this sound like you?
Our one-of-a-kind rotation program offers you the unique opportunity to:
- Spend 18 – 24 months working in the Bloomberg Analytics department in our London office
- Move to Dubai after the initial period in London to join our team of experienced relationship managers in Sales, helping to grow our business and to service our existing customer across the Middle East
- Partner with top decision makers in the worlds of business, finance and government
- Continually learn and develop new skills, while ultimately positioning the Bloomberg Terminal as the definitive business tool
Analytics - London
We fly you to London to embark on your Bloomberg career in our Analytics department, providing the best possible experience to our clients - the users of the Bloomberg Terminal. You’ll start on a comprehensive training programme, covering all aspects of the financial markets - economic principles, market players and asset classes - while teaching you all there is to know about the functionality and analytical tools the Bloomberg Terminal has to offer. We’ll enhance your skills in relationship management and objection handling, and we‘ll also give you the opportunity to specialise in one of the four main asset classes - Fixed Income, Equities, Foreign Exchange or Commodities.
Upon joining the desk, you’ll interact directly with these users every day via our 'Instant Bloomberg' chat system, on the phone, and in person; answering their questions, conducting training and positioning new functionality to meet their immediate business needs.
On any given day in Analytics we respond to over 12,000 queries in more than 15 languages. The variety of the problems we solve is incredible. One moment, we could be working with a Portfolio Manager who’s worried about risk. We show her how to use the Risk Analytics platform to find the most volatile securities in her holdings. The next - we may be chatting to a trader who needs help understanding the liquidity profile of two potential investments. We teach him how to size them up against each other.
Sales - Dubai
After 18-24 months, we fly you to Dubai, as a true Bloomberg specialist, where you join our team of highly-motivated, financially-astute relationship and account managers, whose role it is to lead and grow our business across the Middle East.
We give you real responsibility and autonomy to handle your existing clients, while also looking to you to identify new business opportunities throughout your region. You’ll take a truly consultative approach to the sales process, deeply understanding your clients' businesses as you visit, support, train and sell to market players from across the industry.
Furthermore, you’ll actively partner with other internal business areas in order to meet your clients' needs as accurately and as comprehensively as possible.
You need to have:
- Desire and readiness to work in London for 18-24 months, before moving permanently to Dubai to join our Sales department
- The ability to join a training class in 2019
- Demonstrated interest and the aspiration to work in the financial services industry
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- The aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- Real ambition to pursue a client-facing career, with an interest in relationship management and sales
- Experience studying or working within the Gulf Cooperation Council
- The ability to speak fluent Arabic
We’d love to see:
Experience in the following countries, and preferably the ability to speak the local language:
- Saudi Arabia
If this sounds like you:
Apply! If we think you are a good match we'll get in touch to let you know the next steps. Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
To learn more, visit our YouTube channel “Inside Bloomberg”
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- customer service