- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £35,000.00 gross per year
Our client, a Commercial Vehicle dealership is currently looking to recruit an experienced and fully qualified HGV/LCV Vehicle Technician to join their busy workshop team in the West Sussex area.
* Are you a fully qualified Truck/LCV Technician looking for a new job opportunity?
* Can you demonstrate a stable career history?
* Have you got experience working for a Commercial Vehicle Main Dealer?
* Do you want to work for a company that rewards hard work and loyalty?
If you feel that you meet the above requirements and are looking for a challenging career that really delivers, where you can make a real difference, then we want to hear from you!
Main Tasks and Responsibilities of a HGV Technician:
- Understand and diagnose faulty components and recommend course of action.
- Maintain a well organised service 24 hour vehicle, for ease and use for other workshop staff if required.
- Carry out inspection, maintenance, repair and installation of components in an efficient manner and per instructions given by Service Reception.
- Ensure that standard times and quality of work is to the manufacturer’s standards.
- Ensure that all work carried and time taken is well documented on the job card to ensure accurate billing to customer.
- Ensure that additional work is reported to Service Reception and authority is obtained before work is commenced.
- Ensure that additional work, which cannot be carried out, is communicated to Service Reception for future booking.
- Ensure that the correct components are requested from the Parts Department and in sufficient time for the job to be carried out.
- Road test vehicles when required and ensure work has been fully completed and will pass quality assurance checks.
- Ensure that vehicles are returned to customers in a clean condition and there is no body damage.
- Support Service Advisor as necessary with technical expertise in explaining to customer work carried out on his vehicle.
- Ensure tools and equipment are maintained in proper working order. Report faulty equipment and remove from workshop.
- If a senior / master technician supervise, advise and train technicians and apprentices as and when required by the Department.
•Ensure that the workshop facilities, equipment and tools are kept clean, tidy and maintained, reflecting the Dealership image of an efficient and modern retail Dealer point.
•Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
•Support the development of any young trainees and apprentices.
•Technically competent in the repair and maintenance of HGVs/LCVs
•To effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally and be an active team member.
•To develop or work in developing new or enhancing existing processes
•To adapt and take on new skills and approaches and participate in training and development activities
Working hours are 46 per week no shift patterns 7am to 4pm Monday to Friday. Weekend Rota on call: week on, week off.
The basic salary on offer is £30k, plus call out bonus of £30 per call out.
You will be responsible for your own van and breakdown case management.
For further details on this role and other jobs in the motor trade please contact Adam Curtis of ACS Automotive Recruitment Consultancy.