- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- UNITED KINGDOM - UK
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
Add to Saved Jobs
ACCOUNT MANAGER - DOCKLANDS (LCY)
Location: Docklands (LCY)
OVERALL ROLE PURPOSE
Manage and develop the assigned Field sales territory in order to maintain and grow the DHL market leadership position. Achieve individual sales targets while meeting key customer needs.
SPECIFIC ROLE CONTEXT:
Manage and develop the assigned Field sales territory.
Customer / Stakeholder
· Manage and develop a portfolio of prospects and existing customers through building a strong customer relationship to ensure that customers needs are recognised and met.
· Establish customer agreements and ensure and that pricing guidelines are always applied and profitability targets for customers are met. Ensure that customer’ prices are reviewed on regular basis and whenever any discrepancy arises between actual and promised volumes a re-negotiation takes place.
· Develop and implement an approach to secure competitors and prospects business in the shortest time possible. Establish Prospects pipeline to support this approach and target them accordingly.
· Exploit all new opportunities from existing and potential customers (prospects) ensuring a maximum penetration of DHL in assigned territory.
· Monitor customer performance, loyalty and satisfaction to measure success, business fluctuation and possible business at risk. Take appropriate corrective action internally and/or with the customer.
· Promote DHL brand image and values through own appearance and behaviour so that it reflects DHL high standards and develops customers’ relationship.
· Develop and implement a personal sales plan and call cycle that incorporates initiatives for identifying and gaining new business and maximises growth of existing customers to achieve the individual sales (volume and profitability) targets.
· Manage all customer-related information by communication to the selling team around specific customers as well as in sales systems (Comet) so that other DHL staff can access customer and territory information.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
Key skills and competencies
-Excellent Planning and Organising
-Excellent communication skills (oral and written), numerate
-Commitment to excel
-Cross Border Thinking
-Building and managing partnerships
-1-2 years sales background in a consultative selling environment within the service industry
-Experience in a segmented service industry
-Experience in the Air Express industry or freight forward industry
Expected Educational Qualifications
-A Levels in 2 or more subjects or equivalent
FACTS AND FIGURES
Division V3, EXPRESS
Business Unit DHL Express UK
Location United Kingdom - UK
Job Type Sales & Business Development
Career Level Professionals
Reports to Adam Brown
Target Hire Date 12/20/2018
Employment Type Permanent Full-Time
Working Hours 37.5
Shift Requirement Day time only
Relocation Offered None
Travel Required More than 75%
Travel Extent Within region
Work Permit Required Yes
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.