- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £24,000.00 - £26,000.00 gross per year
- Hemel Hempstead
Our client one of the leaders in its field seek an experienced accountant, used to dealing with a number of accounts to join their team
This role offers a study package and also long term prospects within a large finance team.
Primarily include preparation and finalisation of service charge and related company accounts for delivery to our clients, being assisted by the Accounts Support team. The role is responsible for delivering and processing Accounts (and related financial matters) which are sound, and follow the agreed procedures, ensuring compliance with relevant industry legislation and best practice.
o Managing your workflow and delivery; ensuring adherence with business (internal & external) Service Level Agreements
o Ensuring you follow the agreed procedures, and fully documenting working papers
o Contributing to instilling a culture of the highest professional standards and conduct
o Ensuring data/processing integrity at all times
o Ensuring your performance and delivery follows compliance with all relevant industry legislation and best practice
oKPI’s / Targets - ensure you meet the performance KPI’s and Targets as set by the business from time to time
o Responsibility to communicate in a timely and effective manner
o Ensuring adherence to review and controls procedures to monitor and meet workflow management and delivery standards at all times
o Ensuring effective and timely communication with line management, concerning workflow and related business matters;
o Effective and timely liaison with the Accounts Support team (and Finance team peers)
o Ensuring personal learning and development needs are maintained to deliver the Services
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience within an accountancy/financial environment, which may include experience gained within a professional accounting practice
- Sound book-keeping knowledge with a good understanding of accounting principles
- Naturally inquisitive with an ability to identify weaknesses and offer improvements to internal systems/processes (continuous improvement techniques)
- Client focussed, flexible, organised, self-motivated, with ability to use own initiative and work to tight deadlines
- Attention to detail, whilst ability to keep perspective and make informed decisions
- A good communicator (oral and written)
- Highly computer literate, including intermediate Microsoft Office skills
Qualifications & Education
- Possess (or part-qualified) a professional Accountancy qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA/ACA, or equivalent).
- Ideally educated to A-level standard (or equivalent), with minimum GCSE grades A-C in English & Maths.
A full study package available, along with an excellent benefits package available, great location and long term prospects
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounts
- Statutory Accounts