- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £25,000.00 - £27,000.00 gross per year
Accountant – We are advertising on behalf of our Client who are seeking an accountant to strengthen its outstanding team, with its Golf Professional, Course Manager and Secretary (CEO) amongst the top 50 in their professions in the country.
Currently looking for an Accountant, with an interest in IT, to join their small friendly team based at the club in Aldeburgh, Suffolk, on a full-time permanent basis. This Accountant will be responsible for developing further the systems, processes and detailed reporting to this professionally managed enterprise.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of the financial ledgers
- Greater integration of the elements of the IT systems, including the EPOS system used in the catering and bar operation and the system used to collect green fees
- Publishing a finance report within 15 days of month end
- Maintain Cash flow forecast
- Management of payroll through an external contractor
- Continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Support of costing and pricing of the catering operation
- Preparation of annual budget
- Issuing subscription notices to members and collecting the payments
- Being a proactive member of a progressive team
Essential skills and attributes required:
- A determination to provide prompt, comprehensive information across the club’s operations
- Analysis and the proactive solution of problems and opportunities
- An interest in and knowledge of how to make the most of IT systems
- An engaging personality, keen to thrive in a members’ organisation
- At least intermediate user of Excel
- Experience of preparing management accounts and control over an accounting function
- Part or fully qualified AAT or similar?
- Experience of members organisations and hospitality enterprises
On offer is a salary of £25,000 to £27,500 depending on experience, as well as 5 weeks holiday entitlement and a company pension. If you have the relevant skills, then please apply by forwarding your CV.
No recruitment agencies please
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: finance manager, assistant accountant, payroll, AAT, management accounts
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
- management accounts
- assistant accountant
- finance manager