- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £8.97 - £9.61 gross per hour
Are you looking for a 30 hour a week Part time role as a Accounts Assistant?
Do you want to work for a company that offers variety every day? Working Sunday to Wednesday means that you would have two full weekdays off and a Saturday every week. Would that give you the work life balance that you’re looking for?
Part time permanent role Sunday - Wednesday. Salary between £8.97 - £9.61 per hour (monthly pay) or £14,000 - £15000 pa
- Purchase invoices and statement reconciliation
- Be able to ensure the correct nominal posting to the accounts system of purchase invoices
- Confident in getting invoices authorised correctly to systems and reconciling supplier accounts to statements
- Chasing any outstanding invoices with both the manager and suppliers
- Sales invoices - experience of raising sales invoices and chasing customer for payment when required
- Experience of cashing up multiple areas of income and ensuring correct posting and balancing to associated spread sheets
- An understanding and some experience of reconciling weekly takings to do banking and associated journals to accounts system and experience and understanding of purchase payment run.
- Assisting with year-end procedures and annual audit
- Assisting with stock take as and when required
- Taking calls in the office from customers, suppliers and staff/volunteers
- Dealing with customers face to face in the office
- Taking and amending bookings through our bespoke system
- Assisting other staff and volunteers with various office based requirements
- Stepping into various areas when needed as we have a 'one team’ approach.
- Excellent telephone manner - polite and confident
- Experience with accounts and payment systems
- Experience of Sage Accounting would be beneficial
- Excellent skills with Excel
- Methodical approach to work, accuracy and attention to detail is a must.
- Experienced in using Microsoft Word, and ideally PowerPoint
- Confident in learning new systems
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- A patient individual, highly organised
- Able to work on own and keep busy during quieter periods.
- Teamwork and an ability work with all personality types, at all levels is a must
If you can demonstrate the skills outlined for this role then do get in touch, we would love to hear from you. The company offer a competitive salary along with excellent non salaried benefits. Stamford, Peterborough and the surrounding villages are perfect locations to live for this position and you will need your own transport to get to the office.
- Sales Invoices