- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £16,000.00 - £22,000.00 gross per year
Accounts Assistant/ AAT Apprenticeship - Housing Group - North London
** Outstanding Apprentice Role **
*** No experience needed ***
** Job offers high job prospects **
*** Working with an excellent team and Director ***
** Dedicated mentor & full training given **
Established North London Housing Group
London Headquarters: Palmers Green N13
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a long established housing organisation who are leaders within their fields and who offer excellent career progression.
This is an outstanding job role with huge potential for growth should you impress. You will be working for a Director and team who are on top of their game and who only hire candidates with the most desire and motivation.
We believe this is the No1 Accounts Apprenticeship in London. Our Housing Team Leader is a former apprentice, rising to the top of our organisation within 5 years, at the age of 25 years old. If you’re good enough, you’re old enough with us, age is no barrier.
You will learn the ins and outs of the property and hotel accounts team during your apprenticeship, and responsibilities will be given to your from the outset. You will also be given the opportunity to undertake advanced learning and education courses relating to accounts and property.
To support our expansion we are looking to hire an Accounts & Finance Apprentice who will work directly for the Finance Manager of the group. You will be trained in Sage 50, Xero, CFP and advanced MS Office Excel.
Responsibilities of the role:
Sage 50 and Xero duties:
- Purchase ledger
- Maintenance of sub-contractor accounts
- Payment of sub-contractor invoices
- Payroll management
- VAT and CIS
- Administer vehicle fleet and plant
- Maintenance of bank accounts
- Monthly reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of management accounts
- Posting journals
- Cash flow analysis
- Credit control
- Producing weekly manual BACS Expense Claim payment run
- Take a pro-active approach to learning the HMRC expense rules and reclaiming VAT
- Answer and resolve queries regarding timesheet / billing / cash received
- Check Petty Cash and input expenses
- Preparation and posting of accruals and prepayments
- VAT form collation of information and in time submission
Mon - Fri, 8am-5pm
The Ideal Candidate must have:
- Excellent organisational skills and be able to work to deadlines
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good knowledge and experience using the MS Office suite, particularly Excel and Outlook
- A willingness to 'muck in’ and carry out a variety of tasks as necessitated by a small business
- The ability to work on own as well as taking direction from others but most importantly to manage their time effectively.
- Be keen to work in an office environment and be a part of a busy team.
In return for your skills and experience, you will receive;
20 days Annual Leave
An excellent team to work with
This is an outstanding role, where the Managing Director and the Management Team play a key role in your development within the organisation.
We are a company with a reputation for hiring and training people to achieve their potential. They believe passion and a willingness to learn and work hard is the recipe for successful career progression.
If you feel you have the right attributes for this role and you have the drive and ambition to excel with us please send us your CV.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your applications.
Key Words: Accounts Apprentice, Accounts Apprenticeship, Accounts Apprentice Assistant, Book keeper Apprentice , Bookkeeper Apprentice, Accounts Administrator Apprentice , Accounts Administration Apprentice, Accounts Payable Apprentice