- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Founded by Victor Mishcon in a one-room office in Brixton in 1937 we now have offices in London and New York, employ more than 900 people, with over 500 lawyers offering a wide range of legal services to companies and individuals. In every area of the law that we operate, Mishcon de Reya prides itself in providing a best in class service to its clients. Specifically we offer the following legal services: corporate; dispute resolution; employment; family; private client; and real estate. An entrepreneurial spirit. where candour and involvement are key, characterises our ability to develop and execute the strategies required to achieve our clients’ goals in all these areas. We are an independent firm with an international footprint that extends far beyond our offices in London and New York.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright and enthusiastic Apprentice to join our Finance Department for an (duration) programme. The Apprentice will gain valuable hands-on experience within their designated team, whilst gaining exposure to all three major disciplines, thus generating a real in-depth understanding of how a successful Finance function operates within a leading London Law Firm. This role will work closely with the Mentor and Manager in each team who will create a positive and supportive working environment that will enable the Apprentice to put their academic learning into practice, whilst having the opportunity to add real-time value and contribute to each team.
Financial Reporting and Accounts Payable
- Accurately process supplier invoices, ensuring they are appropriately authorised, coded and posted on to the system.
- Work on purchase ledger, ensuring supplier statements are reconciled, invoices are paid to terms, suppliers are accurately set up on the system, and outstanding balances are chased and cleared.
- Deal with supplier queries.
- Deal with employee expense claims.
- Support Financial Accountant and Assistant Accountant in month end reporting, posting journals and providing ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Support the Accountants on project work as and when needed.
- Some work experience preferred, but not essential
- Five GCSE (including Maths and English) at level C or above
- Good mathematical skills (candidates must be comfortable working with numbers)
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
This role will suit a candidate that is eager to begin or build upon their career with a busy and supportive team.
Full training will be provided
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Personable and confident, able to build relationships with partners/ key stakeholders
- Resilient and calm under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible approach
- Pro-active and takes initiative, with a 'can-do' attitude
Please note that this job profile is not an exhaustive list of duties but merely an outline of the key components of the role. You may be required by your line manager to take on additional responsibilities when requested.
Diversity & Inclusion lie at the heart of our core values. At Mishcon de Reya, our aim is to promote and foster a culture which embraces diversity, respect for the individual and the expression of talent, to empower individuals to fulfil their, and the firm’s, potential. In order to support this, we recognise the importance of flexible and agile working and are open to having conversations on how this could work for you and our business.