- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- To carry out and assist with the preparation and completion of accounts/audits at client’s premises or at our offices for director or managerial review.
- Amendment and updating of file following director or manager review
- Completion of periodic and statutory accounts Completion of accounts/audit preparation programmes
- Completion of money laundering documentation
Ensure correct disclosures in accordance with Companies Acts Ensure work is carried out promptly and efficiently within budgets and deadlines
- Prepare Financial Reporting Review and Benchmarking reports Identify possible improvements to client systems
- Prioritise work – and identify work shortfall or overload periods and advise the Director/Manager at earliest opportunity
- Contact at appropriate level with clients and their staff
- Assisting the Director/Manager in the planning and completion of accounts and audit work Identify opportunities to sell other products or services – to be discussed with the (WBD) client director and not the client Identify situations where new systems can be created to simplify and facilitate working practices.
- Business/personal tax Prepare business tax computations (corporate and non corporate) Identify disallowable expenditure
- Prepare P11D’s Assist/prepare draft personal tax computations or returns Main Responsibilities:
- To act in a professional manner at all times to both clients and other team members
- To produce information for clients or other team members in a timely and efficient manner and within the deadlines set for you by either clients, HMRC, or the Firm
- To advise your line manager of any important client issues/problems as soon as possible (including any money laundering suspicions which must be reported direct to (MLRO) or if not available (deputy MLRO)
- To adhere to any budgets or time deadlines that you have been given, and work the hours required to complete the work within those deadlines
- To ensure that your immediate working environment is kept tidy
- To ensure that relevant team members are advised of messages left for them as soon as possible.
- Put client information/records away when not using them to ensure confidentiality Not to discuss client affairs outside of the office to ensure client confidentiality Investigation of any matters that need further confirmation by yourself, the directors or a client.
- This may involve contacting HMRC, WBD helpline (currently IRPC/CCH) or other relevant organisations.
- Advising the relevant director of any problems so that they can discuss this with the client if necessary and can respond to any contact from the client on a particular issue.
- Other Ad hoc assignments assisting directors/managers with consultancy and other work as required. General administration work as and when required. Computer skills
- Iris, Excel, Sage 50 accounts, Word Additionally there will be some use of Quickbooks, KashFlow or Xero and other packages as appropriate. This vacancy is being managed by Laura Farmer at Spear Recruitment Ltd.
Spear Recruitment Ltd is an Employment Agency acting as such under the Employment Act 2008 and Employment Agencies Act 1973.
Spear Recruitment Ltd are on Facebook, can you also follow us on Twitter @spearrecltd and Instagram @spearrecruitment
Tagged as: accountancy jobs, accounts semi senior/ senior jobs