- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced professional to work as a Part Time Activities Coordinator, responsible for organising creative and engaging activities and events for our residents at Kingfisher Court.
Kingfisher Court is one of our independent living schemes based in Peterborough. It is a warm and welcoming community with all the added support and security to give our residents complete peace of mind in their homes.
With stylish and contemporary apartments designed for the over 55's, living in Kingfisher Court makes life easy and enjoyable for our residents and their families.
Its a busy and friendly environment, where there is never a dull moment.
you will be:
- seeking feedback from residents and their families regarding the activities provided and to develop new activities to meet unmet need and new interests.
- Arranging to celebrate local events, days of national and religious significance, special birthdays and other special occasions by organising appropriate festivities. To work closely with the restaurant employees in the planning of food for such events.
- Supporting the Extra Care Manager in fundraising for the residents and where possible involve family members and local groups and neighbours.
- Ensure that appropriate records of activities and attendance are kept in a usable format for audit purposes.
- Ensure that all financial transactions relating to activities for the residents are promptly and accurately recorded and within agreed guidelines and policies.
- To maintain a stock of materials to support individual and group activities.
- To document all work undertaken in support of residents, any concerns and communication or liaison with other agencies.
Who we are...
Cross Keys Homes is a commercial business with a social heart. We're dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable housing in prosperous communities.
We're the largest social housing landlord in Peterborough, managing more than 11,000 properties and housing around 14% of the city's population. We're also growing and moving into new areas, including Huntingdonshire, Milton Keynes, and Bedfordshire. We provide affordable homes for social rent, private rent, leasehold and shared ownership.
We want to provide high-quality, affordable homes to even more people. That's why, over the last 10 years, we've built more than 1,300 new homes. And by 2018, we'll be building around 400 homes every year.
We're more than just a landlord. We want to make neighbourhoods happy and vibrant places for people to live. We do that by investing in homes, green spaces and leisure facilities, and by supporting local people through training, education and employment.
We're also dedicated to the needs of older and vulnerable people - being the city's largest provider of independent living schemes. With our LifeLine emergency alarm service, community care, sheltered housing and our state-of the-art extra care facilities like Lapwing Apartments, we help people live independently with support available if they need it.
This is what we are looking for...
- Experience of arranging activities and events.
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment.
- Good IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook, QLX etc.
- A good understanding of confidentiality and the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Passionate about working with people and able to create an engaging atmosphere.
- Creative, resourceful and ability to use own initiative.
- Active listening skills for effective interaction with residents and others.
- Organised and efficient with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Good standard of English both verbally and written in addition to excellent interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to excellent customer care.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
In return we are offering:
- Salary £6973 - £7784 depending on skills knowledge and experience
- Working hours: 15 hours a week Including occasional evenings and weekends as required
- A great working environment with all the tools needed to fulfil your role
- A friendly and supportive team
- Excellent opportunities for learning and working towards gaining relevant qualifications
- A highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- Onsite Parking
- 25 days holiday
- Weekly onsite yoga classes (Head Office)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Cycle to work scheme