- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Syngentais a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security byenabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources moresustainably. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity andrevitalising rural communities.
Based atour Jealotts Hill Research & Development site, you will be part of our GlobalProduct Metabolism and Analytical Sciences team. We are looking for a key scientificcontributor within the ADME function, providing pharmacokinetic expertise toproject teams, toxicologists and other functional areas as required. Responsible for protocol design, input forPharmacokinetic / Toxicokinetic studies, evaluating data and authoring companyreports.
We arelooking for an experienced scientist who will to take responsibility for thedesign, conduct and interpretation of in vivo and in vitro pharmacokinetic andtoxicokinetic studies. You will supportthe generation, interpretation and use of early stage PK data (in vitro or invivo) and have the ability to work in projects and provide advice on PK datageneration and use in testing cascades and decision making. You will enjoy working with other scientificfunctions. As a subject matter expert, shareyour knowledge and guide colleagues to address PK/TK and ADME-related issues andprovide guidance on the appropriate use of these data for decision makingpurposes about compound progression.
- Manage studies placed with external suppliers to ensure delivery of data of the appropriate quality to time and cost. Co-ordinate the delivery of studies conducted internally or externally to ensure project needs are met
- Independently provide technical assistance to external suppliers, where appropriate, to facilitate transfer of technical know-how
- Using your knowledge and expertise, interpret the data ensuring the appropriate questions have been answered
- Communicate the meaning of data and its implication to the project
- Through participation in project teams contribute to key decisions and aid compound selectionfrom testing cascades.
- Work with colleagues in other functions to support the use of data sets generated by PMAS to optimise study design and overall understanding of the compounds behaviour in vivo
- Identify opportunities for improvement/further development of existing capability, e.g. in vitro to in vivo extrapolation, use of in-silico tools and PBPK models
- Minimumof a degree (or equivalent work experience) in biological or chemicalsciences
- A fundamental understanding of compound discovery and development in an industrial setting and the role pharmacokinetics plays within this environment
- Background knowledge of mammalian toxicology studies and objectives
- Training and hands-on experience in pharmacokinetics and an ability to design, supervise and interpret various types of ADME/PK and TK studies
- Proficiency in the development/optimization of new/existing experimental models to support hypothesis driven pharmacokinetic research
- Prior experience with PK analysis (non-compartment & compartmental modelling) and a demonstrated ability to work with Phoenix.
- Experienceof working in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Experience of accessing services through third-party organisations Syngentawill offer:
- Campus environment
- Competitive benefits package
- Up to 31.5 days holiday
- The opportunity to work with and learn from highly qualified and experienced employees
- ms project