- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £19,000.00 gross per year
Admin and Finance Assistant
We are currently seeking an Admin and Finance Assistant to join us on a permanent, full time basis. This post will be 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Here at The Good Shepherd Centre our purpose is to provide a positive, life changing experience for young people through individual care, education and skills development.
The Good Shepherd Centre is a Secure, Close Support & Semi-Independent Living Service for vulnerable young people 12 to 17 years of age.
Our campus comprises an 18 bed Secure Unit, a 6 bed Close Support Unit and a 3 bed Semi-Independent Cottage.
Our education department is located within our secure building; it boasts 10 classrooms, a games hall and a fully fitted fitness suite. It offers excellent facilities to support the delivery of high quality Education and Health & Wellbeing programme.
All young people are supported in developing skills for learning, life and work. Every young person is entitled to and receives fully bespoke curriculum in line with their identified needs and interests.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, you will provide effective and efficient administrative and finance support for the organisation ensuring accuracy at all times.
To support the Finance Manager in providing an effective and efficient administrative and finance provision in line with organisational procedures.
- General admin office duties
- Maintaining stationery and orders
- Answering telephone calls, ensuring accurate logging of calls received when necessary and ensuring effective communication of any messages
- Reception cover when required
- Various finance duties as and when required
- Preparation of sales invoices and purchase ordering
- Cash handling
- Mail handling when required
- Maintain various systems/databases ensuring accuracy at all times
- Photocopying and filing as required by management and staff
- Liaising with external contractors when required
- Minute taking
Relevant qualification in Administration is desirable
Previous experience is an administration/finance assistant role is essential
You will possess excellent administrative and communication skills and be IT literate. You will also have experience of using various Microsoft packages
- Strong team player
- The ability to work on own initiative
- Organised with strong attention to detail
- A caring and approachable person
All posts are exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and all convictions whether spent or unspent must be declared. An Enhanced Disclosure Scotland/PVG check and health screening will be undertaken prior to confirmation of employment.