- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Borough of Torbay
Position SummaryReports directly to the Sr. Manager of Admissions and High School Programs. Is a key team member responsible for Coconino Community College's (CCC) recruitment efforts targeting both high school and adult students to build the enrollment pipeline. Communicates and advises prospective students, guiding students through the admission process and providing ongoing support. Coordinates Dual Enrollment (DE) admission, registration and payment processes. Builds and maintains positive relationships with school districts and other community organizations involved with referring prospective students, both in and out of Coconino County. This role is often the first impression of the college for perspective students. This is a full-time, 12 month, benefit eligible position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- RECRUITMENT/OUTREACH: Actively participates in recruitment activities including, but not limited to, high school visitations, college/career fairs, campus, and orientations. Represents the college at these and other related events in a positive, professional and engaging manner. Participates in statewide recruitment activities and organizations, focused on increasing CCC enrollment. Provides necessary information to students, parents, and staff and outside partners/agencies regarding enrollment processes and CCC degree pathways. Conducts high school classroom presentations and visitations and provides administrative support for campus tours. Assists with developing a recruitment schedule to best utilize department resources to achieve recruitment goals.
- STUDENT ENROLLMENT: Responsible for enrollment for all students. Assists and supports all students through the admission process though the utilization of the Enrollment RX System and other relevant technology tools. Provides Accuplacer test proctoring to students throughout Coconino County. Responsible for enrollment, advising and event planning for Coconino Association for Vocations, Industry and Technology (CAVIAT) Central Programs students. Facilitates ongoing communication with prospective students to build rapport and answer questions.
- ADVISING: Works individually and in groups advising students, creating programmatic pathways for degree or certificate attainment. Provides explorative academic advisement for high school students and connects students with other College support services.
- COLLABORATION/COMMUNICATION: Serves as liaison to external partners and agencies to sustain and expand mutually beneficial relationships. Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with high school counselors, administrators and liaisons. Creates and forges new relationships with high school personnel and DE instructors to encourage the participation of students and classroom time for CCC to promote and enroll students. Continually strives to build and maintain partnerships with Academic Affairs, Marketing & Community Relations, Business Services, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- INCLUSIVITY: Works with staff to ensure that all students and colleagues are fully included and contributes to a safe, welcoming and nurturing environment at the College. Assists with inclusivity and diversity efforts within recruitment, Admissions and High School Programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and AbilitiesAbility to work with diverse groups and individuals in a positive way; to maintain a flexible schedule; and to travel within the county and state, and out of state as needed. Strong customer service skills and ability to adapt in a fast paced, deadline-driven, unpredictable environment. Ability to multitask coordinating many stakeholders internally and externally, with an understanding of the mission, vision, role, and goals for the College. Knowledge and ability to adapt to college-wide technology systems and testing software. Skill in positive and effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication as applied to interactions in public relations, marketing, and student recruitment. Skill in organizing people and events.Ability to problem-solve and analyze; to demonstrate tact and patience to resolve student complaints and concerns. Ability to present in front or large groups, strong computer literacy, the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, and to interact successfully with a wide range of individuals at all levels of colleges, partner universities, and the external community. Excellent time management and organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
Minimum QualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and two years of related experience; or any equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job and/or as approved by the Human Resources department.
- Current Arizona state driver's license.
- Current AZ Fingerprint Clearance Card (can be obtained after the hiring process)
- Master's degree. Experience interacting and collaborating with staff, students and faculty in a community college and high school setting. Experience with student recruitment.
- human resources