- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Advanced Intrusion Testing ApprenticeEnd Date
We support agile working - click here for more information on agile working options.
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Deliver a range of high level clerical/technical support tasks to provide high quality outputs which satisfy stakeholder needs. Act as a point of reference for information & procedural advice & queries from other business areas. May supervise a small team
CORE PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
At Lloyds Banking Group we're driven by a clear purpose; to Help Britain Prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, business and communities.
Advanced Intrusion Tests (e.g. "Red Team tests") are intelligence-led intrusion tests designed to simulate the approach a skilled threat actor will use in real life cyber-attack scenarios against the Group. AIT use an intelligence led approach to ensure the testing reflects the current and relevant attacks seen in the real world. Test scenarios are designed to independently evaluate the organisation's end-to-end cyber resilience by testing people, processes and technology.
Day-to-day, the role involves supporting the team with threat intelligence research, providing input into the scope of tests and supporting the execution of Advanced Intrusion Tests.
The majority of Advanced Intrusion Testing is delivered using third party providers. The team is undergoing an exciting evolution with the aim of increasing the amount of internal testing activity the team conducts. Candidates for the role will be expected to support both types of testing with an emphasis on the use of third party testing.
Key responsibilities include:
- To support the ongoing security and resiliency of LBG's computing environment, protect customer and employee confidential information, and comply with internal standards and regulatory requirements.
- To support successful delivery of the AIT service; contributing to the testing schedules based on current risks and the threat landscape.
- To support the management of test output and handover findings to remediation owners.
- To contribute technical expertise and assist in shaping the technological direction of the team.
As this role is a high risk role, if you are successful in being offered this position, you may be required to go through additional vetting checks.
- Working collaboratively as part of a cross functional matrix team of technical experts from across the Chief Security Office, Chief Information Office and the business, focused on proactively improving the security posture of the Group.
- Support the research, planning, and execution of advanced intrusion testing activity being conducted.
- Review testing outputs and support stakeholders to identify appropriate remedial plans and action owners.
- Identify and drive continuous improvement within the team.
KEY CAPABILITIES, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE.
- Demonstrate a keen interest to work within a Cyber Security or security testing environment.
- Experience of working on computer networks, preferably with experience in the identification of vulnerabilities.
- Good understanding of various security technologies such as Firewalls, IDS/IPS, Web Proxies and DLP, amongst others.
- Good knowledge and experience in networking fundamentals (all OSI layers).
- Good diagnostic skills and an ability to analyse technical information from multiple sources.
- Consistently display and encourage LBG values.
- A willingness to keep up to date with new and emerging technologies and Cyber Security themes and trends, and an appetite for continuous professional development.
- Demonstrate a keen interest in technical penetration testing.
- An understanding of common attacker tools such as Kali, Metasploit, Volatility, Cobalt Strike, Nessus, Nmap, Burp Suite is desirable.
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we're building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
- customer service