- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Agile Business Analyst : 0000DWEV
Agile Business Analyst
Big Bank Funding. FinTech Thinking.
Our technology teams in the UK work closely with HSBC’s global businesses to help design and build digital services that allow our millions of customers around the world, to bank quickly, simply and securely. We also run and manage our IT infrastructure, data centres and core banking systems that power the world’s leading international bank.
Our multi-disciplined teams include: DevOps engineers, IT architects, front and back end developers, infrastructure specialists, cyber experts, as well as project and programme managers.
We work in small, agile DevOps teams with colleagues around the world from our offices at the Bluefin Building in Southwark, our global headquarters in Canary Wharf, and multiple other locations around the UK including Sheffield, Leeds, Barnsley and Birmingham.
Following extensive investment across our Technology and Digital domains and with plans for continued expansion throughout 2019 and beyond, we are currently seeking an experienced agile business analyst to join HSBC Technology.
Brief overview of the business areas
Global Asset Management, being part of the Group investment businesses with approximately US$500 billion of assets currently under management, is the core investment platform of the HSBC Group that provides investment solutions to retail, institutional and private clients in all major financial markets.
Manufacturing IT develops, manages and maintains Front Office systems including Order Management Systems, Reporting Systems, Decision Support Tools, Data messaging and integration services, Research Management Systems and others.
Manufacturing IT is globally distributed in Hong Kong, Pune (India), London, and New York
What you will be doing;
This role will carry out some or all of the following activities:
•Assures delivery through the entire life-cycle of the project of user requirements through to live
• Provides expertise in DevOps pipeline tools like Jenkins and Ansible
• Works within Medium sized and medium complexity Technology projects - these may span across multiple business units and/or geographies
• Leads Agile engineering teams using DevOps practices such as test automation, continuous integration and continuous deployment
• Has expertise in Agile engineering practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, LEAN) as well as Disciplined Agile and SAFE framework experience
• Supports the Product Owner to evolve Product roadmap, creation of epics and writing of user stories and managing the product backlog
• Creates analysis of customer journeys and product functionality
• Helps to define and track metrics and Performance Indicators for the product
• Guides the Agile Team performance and outcome metrics as required
• Provides expertise in at least 1 technical capability/competency, such: as cloud, mobile, digital, security, core banking, micro services, capacity management and architecture platforms
• Provides expertise in process and a low level understanding of multiple areas, such as: disciplined Agile software delivery, production support processes, continuous DevOps pipelines
• Understands risk exposure to the bank and help senior colleagues manage it
• Contributes to the development of the BA elements of the IT Portfolio and Programme Management practice. Encourages adoption of the practice across the BA community
• Driving measurable continuous improvement into all delivery environments across all disciplines
What you will bring to the role;
To be successful in this role you should have proven experience within the Technology sector with knowledge of the following skills:
- Confident operating and holding dialogue with senior management.
- Ability to translate ideas into design prototypes or models.
- Contributes to improvements through innovative solutions, approaches, products or services.
- Good interpersonal skills; strong relationship management capabilities.
- Ability to develop effective networks by seeking out opportunities for collaboration.
- Able to work as part of a team and independently under minimal supervision.
- Able to lead team members using supportive management, collaboration, guidance and mentoring.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of working with offshore development teams.
- Experience of working with usability and user experience.
These roles will primarily be London based at our Head Office in Canary Wharf and occasional travel maybe be required.
Come Power a Business that Defines How to Power the World
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC UK is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
: Europe-United Kingdom-Greater London-London
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Global vacancy
: 04-Dec-2019, 16:29:40 Unposting Date
: 11-Dec-2019, 23:59:00
- ms project
About the company
HSBC is one of the world’s largest banking and financial services organisations. We serve around
48 million customers through four Global Businesses:
• Commercial Banking
• Retail Banking and Wealth Management
• Global Banking and Markets
• Global Private Banking
Our network covers 72 countries and territories in Europe, Asia, the Middle East and North Africa, North America and Latin America.
With around 6,100 offices worldwide, we aim to be where the growth is, connecting customers to opportunities, enabling businesses to thrive and economies to prosper, and ultimately helping people to fulfil their hopes and realise their ambitions.
HSBC is listed on the London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris and Bermuda stock exchanges.
Specialties: Banking, Financial Services, International Finance and Banking, Wealth Management, Corporate and Business Banking.