- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
OP - Operations
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): No Travel
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Life Limited
AIG Life launched in July 2008 offering a range of award winning protection products including Real Life Cover and YourLife Plan, a menu based product with Life Cover, Critical illness Cover, Business Protection and Income Protection.
AIG Life became part of the larger AIG global business in January 2015 and has continued to establish themselves as a key player in the UK individual protection market and now provide peace of mind to nearly 400,000 customers.
Here on the AIG Life Contact Team we are dedicated to delivering an award-winning service to our customers. We are a phone-based team who work on the front line, dealing directly with both customers and advisers, identifying their query and taking the best action, whether that’s dealing with the query ourselves or passing it on to the relevant team.
You could be perfect for this role if you have a wealth of experience in a contact centre or similar roles, offering a fabulous service to customers. Alternatively, you may be a university or college leaver looking to begin a career with a company that cares about its people and offers you development and the chance to work with a great team.
There are also various opportunities for further development within Customer Services and AIG so we pride ourselves on recruiting the best people who are bright and articulate. If this sounds like you please read on!
What we expect from you:
- Speak directly with our customers and deliver our award winning service.
- Be confident and adaptable
- Display an ability to identify a caller’s needs and react accordingly
- Be energetic and driven Work with a team of likeminded people towards the same goals
- Be able to multi-task and work capably in a fast paced environment Build and maintain relationships with our callers
- We operate a shift pattern between the hours of 8.30am - 20.00pm Monday - Thursday, and 8.30am - 17.30pm Friday.
- You will work 7 hours a day with an hour lunch, therefore in the office for 8 hours.
What you can expect from us?
- Full 4 weeks training, consisting of classroom-style and on the job practice with a trainer / mentor
- Your own desk, next to your trainer / mentor, which you are free to personalise Salary of £19,000, minimum, with a possible annual performance related bonus
- 9% non-contributory company pension, matched by up to a further 4% if you contribute too ‘Death in Service’ benefit (10 times your annual salary) and Income Protection
- 35 hour working week (Monday to Friday) and 25 days holiday as standard, plus bank holidays
- Friendly, supportive and driven atmosphere with a smart/casual dress code Contemporary, open plan, office within walking distance of Reigate train station and the High Street Modern break area with a large TV, free hot / cold drinks (every day) and free fruit (every Monday)
- In and out of the office social events (including Summer and End of Year parties)
- Motivated, involved and approachable management team Clear direction and recognition for your performance
- A great start to your career
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
About the company
American multinational insurance corporation with more than 88 million customers in 130 countries. AIG companies employ over 64,000 people in 90 countries. The company operates through three businesses: AIG Property Casualty, AIG Life and Retirement and United Guaranty Corporation (UGC). AIG Property Casualty provides insurance products for commercial, institutional and individual customers.