- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Resource Direct Recruitment (RDR) is an internal recruitment for a global energy services and facilities management group. Our recruiting expertise spans across facilities management (hard and soft services), corporate, executive, sales, marketing, procurement, operations, manufacturing, engineering, finance, IT and HR. We pride ourselves in recruiting the best talent and offer insight on recruitment industry trends.
We have an exciting opportunity and require an HVAC Air Conditioning Engineer based in Swindon. This is a permanent position, full time working 37.5 hours per week on a shift rota from Monday - Friday.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Installation and operation of engineering equipment in line with operational requirements of the sites; this includes but not limited to: Control systems, Split Units, AHU, VRV’s, Chillers, Pressurisation Units, BMS.
- Ensure compliance with statutory and company procedures, maintaining up to date knowledge of H & S & environmental regulations.
- Diagnose fault-find, debug and commission systems, utilising appropriate technical skills and system knowledge.
- Monitor and assess ongoing machine/ facility performance, through PPM programme as appropriate, identifying any additional works required to meet fit for purpose standards.
- Confer with engineering manager and personnel to implement and ensure operating procedures are met, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information to the area manager and/or Suppliers.
- Administer and complete relevant paperwork for all assignments and forward to the appointed office for filing.
- To participate on call-out as defined by the call-out rota.
- Candidates must ensure all works are carried out within the terms of the contract, ensuring the service delivery meets the agreed programme and they conform to all current legislation including appropriate Codes of Practices, Quality Plans and the H&SAW Act.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- City and Guilds refrigeration and Air Conditioning (6187) Level 2
- City and Guilds 2079 - F-Gas
- Experience working on Split units, AHU, VRV’s and chillers.
- Experience of working within Facilities Management.
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers.
- A current driving licence.
- Candidates will be required to be cleared to CTC clearance level.
- Formal apprenticeship served in relevant skill area or a minimum of 4 years relevant and practical experience within a similar industry.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to measure, work to plans, drawing up RAMS, read technical drawings and communicate, present and report technical information as appropriate.
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety including risk assessment & working safely with equipment.
- Awareness of Health and Safety.
- For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
How to apply:
Please apply directly
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process.
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome
- Air Conditioning