- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Air Traffic Management Safety Engineer - Bristol, Malvern or Boscombe Down.
This role requires SC clearance, you must be eligible and willing to undergo the SC process in order to obtain the role.
We are looking for an ATM Safety Engineer to join our team of consultants at Experis. Working on-site with one of our clients you will be responsible for providing Air Traffic Management (ATM) skills to external and internal clients and assisting in the development of business growth.
The primary output for this role will be provision of ATM expertise to deliver defined artefacts in support of projects to our clients. Artefact production will cover the whole range of Safety Management System (SMS) documentation for ATM, and the applicant should possess analytical skills to examine evidence to support a safety argument. Ability in the use of appropriate tools and techniques together with excellent report writing skills is essential for the delivery of output.
The successful candidate will need to be flexible to work in a variety of locations to meet customer and internal business needs.
- Act as Technical Lead on ATM safety engineering projects, dealing directly with customers.
- To work as a member of a team on wider ATM related projects, including ATM safety engineering consultancy to military and civilian clients.
- To develop and grow business with our existing clients.
- Identify and establish good relationships with new clients and be able to develop propositions in conjunction with them.
- Actively participate in the management of the ATM team.
- Work with, and advise other technical subject matter experts (SMEs) across the company in responding to client requests
Capabilities / Knowledge:
- A Safety Consulting/Engineering role with experience of applying Safety skills to Air Traffic Management (ATM) across Capability areas within the company.
- Working experience in a civil or military Air Traffic Management organisation at a senior level (e.g. NATS, Serco, MOD MAA, ADATS or future ATM equipment delivery).
- A deep understanding of technical, safety and operational aspects of ATM.
- A broad knowledge of technologies supporting ATM is essential coupled with an understanding of how they are used to provide safe ATM services.
- Knowledge of key current and future ATM technologies - both ground and aircraft based.
- Knowledge of communication, navigation and surveillance areas is essential. Communications: VHF/UHF analogue/digital systems, HF Systems, Satellite communications, Ground networks e.g. AFTN, CIDN, ATN, IPv6, VoIP, Tactical Data Links, Concepts such as SWIM, PENS Navigation: Conventional navigation systems e.g. GNSS, VOR, DME, ILS, MLS, NDB, Concepts such as PBN, RNP, RNAV.
- Surveillance: Primary and Secondary radar with emphasis on Mode S, ADS-B, ADS-C, WAM/MLAT.
- Knowledge of ATM infrastructure evolution to meet the challenges of air traffic growth, as exemplified by the SESAR work programme.
- Knowledge of ATM technical standards as developed by ICAO, EUROCAE, EUROCONTROL.
- Proven experience of leading teams in an aviation environment.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Safety Qualification at Masters Level or equivalent
- Technical qualification in an Engineering discipline
- Demonstrate good communication skills both oral and written
- Strong organisational skills to include the ability to work flexibly and react to changing priorities, persuasive and responsive
- Location: Malvern, Bristol, Boscombe Down (other locations also considered)
- Duration: permanent (consultancy basis)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Life Insurance Cover
- Employee Assistance Program
- Enhanced Accident Insurance
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Sick pay
Please apply by submitting your CV.
Experis Consultancy is a Global entity with a well-established team with over 1000 consultants on assignment across 20 clients globally. Our UK operation is growing and has very aggressive plans for expansion over the coming years. We form part of the Manpower group of companies that turn over $20 billion a year collectively.
Experis UK have partnerships with major clients across the UK spanning multiple industries; our approach is a very personal one, with both our clients and our own employees. We are passionate about training, technology and career development.