- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AML Correspondent Banking Team Lead - 90215029
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - 18 Dec 2018
Correspondent Banking Transaction Monitoring Team Manager
The AML Transactional Monitoring Team are responsible for investigating, obtaining and completing all alerts in relation to transactional monitoring for Barclays Correspondent Banking in accordance with the Banks regulatory guidelines within the UK and global Financial Regulations.
They will provide high value, thorough investigations that are business critical. The team will liaise directly with Correspondent Banks and stakeholders (either face to face, telephone or email) maintaining a professional manner and delivering excellent client service whilst requesting and managing potentially sensitive client information. To work in partnership with other Fin crime and other wider Operation teams
This role will lead a sub-team of BA4 Transactional Monitoring Analysts conducting dedicated and robust AML investigations.
• To ensure that all alerts are managed in accordance with policy and manage any escalations, breaches or risk events.
• Manage alert queues to ensure SLA’s are met.
• To manage a sub-team, in either an onshore and offshore location, in order to meet delivery requirements.
• Ensuring all sub-team members are appropriately trained and skilled in order to effectively carry out their duties.
• Ensure all activity is delivered in accordance with processes, procedures, and the control framework in place.
• Provide guidance and decisions to the sub-team to support their review activity, particularly in complex cases.
• Be a motivated, high-performing individual with proven experience of working at one with other colleagues, to achieve and often beat their objectives and assist others in doing so and be a role model for their sub-team, with experience of coaching and developing others
• Will be, or have the ability to be, a subject matter expert in Correspondent Banking Transactional Monitoring. And to have or build a strong understanding of Financial Crime regulations and policies (AML, Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption).
• To have, or the ability to develop, an excellent understanding of relevant systems (e.g. Customer Gateway, Fortent, MANTAS).
• Ability to make tough decisions based on supporting evidence, and be able to support those decisions.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong problem solving abilities.
• Will have previously worked in an environment that has enabled them to gain a broad understanding of Financial Services and or Financial Crime.
• Good knowledge of operational risk requirements and standards applicable to the relevant processes and procedures.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.