- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AML Strategy & Architecture Manager - 9 Month Fixed Term Contract Role Title: AML Strategy & Architecture Manager - 9 Month Fixed Term Contract
New or Existing Role? New
- Responsible for supporting the Global Head of AML whose mandate is to set the framework to meet AML requirements and legislation.
- Support the Head of AML in driving forward the digital agenda for the Compliance function. Contribute towards the planning, development and execution of the Compliance Digital Strategy to ensure that the digital capabilities of the Compliance function are uplifted and met in a strategic manner.
- Secretariat for the monthly FCC Digital Knowledge Exchange, reviewing packs and producing minutes for the meeting.
- Represent HSBC on various Digital Identity initiatives, including among others, European Commission, OiX, TISA.
- Develop a relationship network across, Global Businesses and Regions, as well as relevant Global Functions to ensure consistency of approach with respect to the Global AML Strategy
- Support the Global Head of AML in leading the approach to engagement with and participation in relevant industry bodies and groups (e.g. Wolfsberg Group, Banking Associations etc.) in relation to AML related initiatives, trends and proposals.
- Provide advice to LOB FCC, and business as necessary, across regions on risk associated with prospective business, products and service and design mitigation controls and strategies as appropriate
- Lead specific enhancements related projects on team's behalf, notably problem solving related and applying a global perspective to those problems
Impact on Business
- Assist in the development of the AML strategy, in particular, the Digital strategy for Compliance.
- Secretariat for the monthly FCC Digital Knowledge Exchange forum, reviewing packs and producing minutes for the meeting
- Support the Global Head of AML in leading the development and execution of the Digital Strategy for Compliance. Initiatives, among others, will include the development of the FCC Digital Playbook, establishment of the network of Digital Champions and the build-out of the Compliance Digital Hubs.
- Represent HSBC on various external Digital Identity forums (e.g. European Commission, OiX), providing input /research into the white papers where necessary.
- Undertake ad hoc projects at the request of Global Head of AML to promote the AML Strategy
- Support the Global Head of AML in leading the integration of all aspects of the programme (including Digital) to ensure holistic overview is available to senior management so that strategy can be met or reset dynamically (TM, Risk Models, CDD, Operating Models, Reporting, Practical Business Guidance)
- Contribute to knowledge management and transfer, allowing for ongoing and continuous improvement of the programme (feedback loops)
- Take on and lead key "problem solving/enhancements" initiatives, ensuring strategic
Customers / Stakeholders
- Use and develop expertise in order to support the strategic direction of the FCC AML function, as appropriate.
- Foster a relationship of networks among key Digital stakeholders (e.g. Business, RC Digital, HSBC University, LOB FCC) with the objective to raise the digital capabilities of the function.
- Support the Global Head of AML in the provision of reports on a Group wide basis to the Board (and, as necessary, regulators) on AML issues.
- Work effectively with internal and external stakeholders on FCC AML matters and foster professional and positive relationships
Leadership & Teamwork
- Support the AML Strategy (including the wider Compliance Digital Strategy) for the FCC AML function
- Foster a close collaboration with RC Digital in view of the integration of the Compliance function.
- Develop the network of Digital Champions and the establishment of the Compliance Digital Hubs
- Foster positive and professional working relationships within FCC and other colleagues throughout the Group, promoting the Digital Strategy of Compliance.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Be creative/innovative with suggestions/ideas in order to assist with formulating strategy and interconnecting different aspects of the AML programme
- Assess the risks that may manifest in a Digital business proposition and identify relevant risk mitigations.
- Contribute thoughts/solutions to complex global issues/initiatives in an ever changing, high-risk, digital environment.
- A good working knowledge of the FCC Control library and understanding of the Operational Risk Management Framework of HSBC
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators
- Balance the complexity of FCC regulations and the diversity of business and geographies within both the Group as a whole, and achieve a balance between the demands of the regulators, external bodies, industry & digital developments and governmental initiatives and the Group's shareholders and customers
- Awareness of political, management, operational, regulatory and reputational implications of particular decisions and courses of action; assist Global Head of AML in development of controls (including digital) and influencing the way in which business is conducted in order to manage these risks.
- Ensure the consistent application of the highest Risk management standards notwithstanding the digital complexities of products and business operations across region and maintaining balance between the local, regional and global priorities . The role holder will need to balance sometimes conflicting needs and priorities of different teams within Risk departments and across countries
- The jobholder is required to work with the direction of the Global Head of AML but with autonomy, on complex, major issues for which there is no clear cut solution while still being able to provide judgement and clear direction. Where items of major consequence are involved, reference is made to the Global Head of AML. The nature of the role requires contact with the FCC LOBs, Business, Senior executives across Compliance and external to the Group.
- The jobholder's responsibilities are in support of the Global Head of AML's responsibilities
Management of Risk
- The jobholder is responsible for ensuring that the FCC AML standards are in accordance with the Global Policy and that the AML policy aspects of the Compliance FIM are effective and relevant.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely contribution to the implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Jobholder is an 'insider' for dealing purposes and subject to strict controls and confidentiality..
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications
- Good working knowledge and awareness of Global AML regulations and guidance. Direct Compliance experience in providing advisory on Digital propositions is preferred.
- Good knowledge of the HSBC Group structure, its business and personnel, and a deep understanding of HSBC's corporate culture.
- Good understanding of HSBC Operational Risk Management Framework and FCC control framework.
- Excellent communicator with strong inter-personal, written/spoken presentation and influencing skills with the clear ability to synthesise and articulate succinctly, wide ranging and complex, FCC issues
- Ability to build strong professional relationships and build networks
- Ability to engage confidently and diplomatically with senior bank representatives
- Ability to prioritise effectively, handle multiple tasks at any one time and maintain equilibrium when confronted with competing interests and opinions
- Ability to come up with pragmatic, strategic solutions to complex problems, notably when complicated by the matrix
As a business operating in markets all around the world, we believe diversity brings benefits for our customers, our business and our people. This is why HSBC is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.
We want everyone to be able to fulfil their potential which is why we provide a range of flexible working arrangements and family friendly policies.