- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
AML Transaction Monitoring Analyst - 90215333
Posting Range:4 Dec 2018 - 18 Dec 2018
Correspondent Banking Transaction Monitoring Analyst
A member of the AML Transaction Monitoring team will be responsible for investigating, obtaining and completing all alerts in relation to transactional monitoring for Barclays Correspondent Banking in accordance with the Banks regulatory guidelines within the UK and global Financial Regulations.
They will provide high value, thorough investigations that are business critical. The team will liaise directly with Correspondent Banks and stakeholders (either face to face, telephone or email) maintaining a professional manner and delivering excellent client service whilst requesting and managing potentially sensitive client information. To work in partnership with other Fin crime and other wider Operation teams
The role holder will be responsible for conducting dedicated and robust AML investigations. They will have a detailed and thorough understanding of the Corporate Banks Policy and requirements. Take responsibility for maintaining the high standards of accuracy, up to date client information during all stages of the client relationship in order to protect the Bank and our clients from Financial Crime. Use strong problem solving and team working skills to resolve complex, high priority cases whilst ensuring the Banks regulatory requirements are always met. Use strong communication skills to interact professionally with internal and external stakeholders. Use a high level of attention to detail to complete tasks ‘right first time’ every time.
- Conducting thorough investigations on alerts whilst managing and prioritising caseload.
- Proactively contacting Correspondent Banks to obtain customer information relating to alerts received whilst adhering to strict controls.
- Perform necessary training and keep up to date with any changes to policy to be appropriately trained and skilled in order to effectively carry out duties.
- Ensure all activity is delivered in accordance with processes, procedures, and the control framework in place.
- Notify to management any opportunities to improve processes, procedures or controls.
- To have, or the ability to develop, a strong understanding of Financial Crime regulations and policies (AML, Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery and Corruption).
-To have independent decision making and the ability to make risk based recommendations on a customer relationship case based on available evidence.
- To have strong written communication skills and the ability to write reports/reviews that can be presented to senior stakeholders and Financial Crime.
- Proven experience in undertaking direct client contact face to face meetings, phone calls and emails.
- Good Knowledge and understanding of the legislation that affects Barclays and our clients including Data protection Act, Financial Services Act, Money Laundering and confidentiality regulators.
- Will have previously worked in an environment that has enabled them to gain a broad understanding of Financial Services/AML and Sanctions policies.
- Will have strong Stakeholder management experience and the ability to influence others positively.
- Good knowledge of operational risk requirements and standards applicable to the relevant processes and procedures.
- Be a motivated, high-performing individual with proven experience of working at one with other colleagues, to achieve and often beat their objectives and assist others in doing
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values &
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.