- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Job Title: Plant Operator
Reports to: Buchan Biogas Plant Manager & GFD Senior Management Team
Provisional Period: 2 months
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 P/A depending on experience
Contract Type: Ongoing
Notice Period: 2 months
The purpose of the Plant Operator is to work alongside the site team to operate and maintain the Buchan Biogas AD Gas to Grid plant. This includes applying predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance principles to all site machinery to maximise plant availability.
This will be achieved through the safe and efficient operation of the company’s central plant control systems and site equipment.
Maintenance will be undertaken to provide mechanical and process support services for Buchan Biogas’s operational facilities. These facilities comprise a wide and varied range of equipment including, pumps, air compressors, blowers, macerators, feed hoppers, mixers, heat exchangers and pasteurisation equipment.
This role will also involve the management of some external third party contractors and general site upkeep as directed by Plant Manager.
The standard hours of employment are 8.00 – 17.00, Monday – Friday with rotational evening and weekend standby cover requirement. (1 in 4 weeks)
Duties and Responsibilities
The duties that are expected to be performed are listed but not limited to the below:
- Operate the plant systems to ensure continual production of biogas at the target rate.
- Operation monitoring of Plant SCADA equipment to operate the plant processes efficiently.
- Supporting specialist contractors in the up keep of industry specific technologies.
- Making sure that the site works within the compliance regulations set out by external governing bodies.
- Feedstock testing and sampling.
- Perform data collection and record for presentation to Buchan Biogas Senior Management.
- On call week and weekend cover on a rotational basis. Typically every one out of four weeks.
- Maintain and service the motors, engines, valves, meters and all other machinery that is integral to the running of the plant.
- Carry out maintenance and servicing in accordance with the manufacturers’ specifications.
- Develop and ensure delivery of comprehensive planned maintenance schedules and routines.
- Carry out maintenance according to the above schedules.
- Carry out ad-hoc maintenance when and if required.
- Ensure that ongoing maintenance minimises plant downtime and reduces requirement of third party contractors.
- Produce Risk Assessments, Method Statements and Lifting Plans where appropriate.
- Report all exceptional circumstances; including breakdowns, damages, performance and incidents.
- Demonstrate effective planning and prioritisation of the maintenance workload.
- Ensure that all Health and Safety measures are implemented and adhered to.
- Closely monitor and deliver operational and maintenance KPI’s.
- Source all required parts and components and appropriately manage the maintenance stock levels.
- Compile daily, weekly and monthly targets and performance reports for the Buchan Biogas Senior Management Team.
- Liaise and communicate with site staff and Buchan Biogas Senior Management Team.
- Organise, manage and assist with maintenance required by third party contractors.
- Attend Operations and Senior Management meetings, where required.
- Assist in duties relating to site upkeep and maintenance of fittings and fixtures
- Perform all duties in line with site HSE requirements to comply with the necessary regulations.
- Ensure that the plant is maintained to a high standard.
Minimum Education Level Required
The Plant Operator should be qualified in mechanics or a related field. To HND level or equivalent.
Minimum Experience Level Required
Should have experience with industrial plant machinery, with at least 2 years’ experience on a process engineering site or similar.
The Amount of Supervision Required
The Plant Operator reports directly to Plant Manager or Senior Management of GFD. The Plant Operator will be given general guidance and direction from Plant Manager, but is expected to perform duties and responsibilities independently
This position is not responsible for line management.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 to £35,000.00 /year