- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Airbus Defence and Space Ltd.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Due to organic growth and new projects, a vacancy has arisen for an Analog/Power Design Engineer within the Communication Products Group based in Stevenage.
The Communication Products group is responsible for the development of Digital Processors for use in telecommunication Satellites. The processor functionality ranges from high capacity channelisers, supporting inter-satellite optical data links, to implementing cryptographic algorithms to protect the spacecraft.
In this rewarding role you will be developing some of the highest performing digital communication payload equipment available anywhere in the world, and be part of the rapidly expanding UK space sector.
The availability of advanced Payload Equipment is the driving force behind the digital telecommunication satellite industry, and the team is a proven world leader in this field.
We are committed to offering continuous training and career development. We understand that our success is based on our people and we strive to offer all our employees an enjoyable and rewarding career.
This role comes with occasional UK travel.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Technical responsibility for electronic design of analog and power circuitry and power interfaces for processor equipment, starting from requirement gathering, analysing the customer specification through to delivered flight hardware.
• Generating design concepts and detailed circuit design, component selection, simulation and schematic capture of analog and power circuits.
• Commissioning of prototype designs at board and unit level, debug, characterisation and design verification.
• Designing with consideration of PCB power integrity, board size constraints, thermal dissipations, grounding, fault propagation and electrical safety.
• Working closely with the product responsible engineer and PCB layout engineers.
• Generation of documentation to support equipment design eg. Worst Case Analysis, Parts Stress Analysis, FMECA.
• Following design processes and supporting customer reviews, both internal and external to the company.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
• Experience of hardware design cycle, from requirements capture, through schematic design and constraints capture.
• Design analyses and willingness to provide hands-on support to hardware assembly, integration, environmental qualification and production testing.
• Power electronic circuit design, including knowledge of active protection circuits, magnetics, and DC-DC converters.
• Strong communication and problem solving skills, team player – including presenting to clients and communicating designs to technical / non-technical audiances.
• Experience with Cadence PSpice software
• Matlab experience is desired, but not essential
You will be provided with training on mentor graphics DxDesigner / CES flow, Expedition and Hyperlynx.
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We value the strength that diverse perspectives bring to our business, so if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you
The successful candidate will be subject to security clearance in order to undertake related work in accordance with business needs.
In return we can offer a competitive salary with annual profit share; an ever growing list of company benefits and strong career development options across our transnational, market leading company.