- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Analyst - 90156887
Posting Range:27 Oct 2017 - Ongoing
Barclays are recruiting for a permanent Tax Operational Analyst to work in the Barclays site in Manchester. This role is at a BA4 corporate grade, which is just below a AVP corporate grade.
The Team comprises of 15 staff covering Financial Transaction Tax (FFT), International Tax, FATCA (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act) Client Classification and Reporting, 871m, Qualified Derivatives Dealer (QDD) and US QI Regulations. The main responsibilities involve assisting in managing the firm’s equity inventory over dividend dates, and ensuring that Regulatory tax returns, withholding and reporting obligations for the above mentioned products and taxes are met in a timely and accurate manner, thus upholding the firm’s reputation with the Tax Authorities.
· Calculate, review and deposit weekly payments to the IRS for the main Barclays broker dealer entities.
· Prepare and submit annual US tax reporting files and tax returns.
· Assist the trading desks in resolving P&L sensitive queries.
· Provision of Tax analysis and support to key business stakeholders globally.
· Collaborate in impact assessment of upcoming 871M/Qualified Derivatives Dealer (QDD) Regulations.
· Support Management in designing and implementing Change to processes and Control Framework where applicable.
· University qualified (BA Hons or above).
· Good time management, strong numeracy skills and IT skills (specifically Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint).
· Excellent people skills and the ability to manage workload to meet the team’s business objectives.
· Self starter, can work autonomously with minimal supervision.
· An appreciation of risks arising with Operational Tax processes and an ability to articulate these to Management.
· Liaison with traders and submitting tax return experience
· Excellent Client Service skills and the ability to manage the expectations of key business stakeholders.
· Ambition and drive to take on additional responsibilities and grow professionally
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.