- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
See job description for detailsThe Business
Join us in Edinburgh as an Application Programming Interfaces (API) Incubator Lead
- The API Centre of Excellence is on a mission to make building and consuming APIs simple
- You'll be unlocking value for thousands of our customers through the apps and services we've built
- It's a chance to work with innovative new technology in this exciting, fast paced role
What you'll do
As an API Incubator Lead, you'll be responsible for helping teams understand the importance of layering a friendly API on top of organisational complexity in order to create a facade to build from.
Organisationally, you'll be responsible for the strategic development of the service and team.
- Be directly responsible for between seven and nine people within the team
- Build APIs and, where reasonable, embed that capability back into the organisation
- Ensure the team is supported, happy and able to function autonomously
- Hire individuals to fill the gaps you see in providing a front to back service
- Have accountability in ensuring the production service is stable, resilient and meets customer expectation
The skills you'll need
You'll need Java or Node.js development skills, as well as Cloud, API, Apigee and Microservices, and API experience, both provisioning and consuming. You'll also need experience of service ownership, and a DevOps and agile mindset.
You'll also need good customer focus, and experience working with a variety of stakeholders.
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you'll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we'll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles - find out more .