- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
API Platforms Solution Designer - 90223167
Posting Range:15 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
API Platforms Solution Designer
The API Platforms team are a small group making a big difference, building API platforms for internal and external developers. Their primary purpose is to lead Barclays into the API Economy by executing an API first strategy. As an API Platforms Solution Designer, you will have the chance to display your work on the world stage, helping to build the Barclays API Store and creating Innovative products that will bring new revenue and exciting opportunities to Barclays, Fin-Techs and beyond.
What will you be doing?
• You will lead the software design of the Barclays API Portals and Platforms, across the Solutioning, High Level and detailed design, build and unit test phases of the lifecycle.
• You will be able to maintain an in-depth technical understanding of the Platform and supporting applications / products as well as being recognised as the ‘go to’ contact for technical queries and Project Support.
• You will ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the API Platforms is maintained across their lifetime whilst leading aspects of Design and contributing to the development of any technical changes being proposed.
• You will provide platform-specific knowledge and technical expertise to assist in the definition of technical strategies or business solutions.
What we’re looking for:
• A highly skilled Solutions Designer with the ability to provide effective and innovative technical design solutions within a regulated environment
• Experience working with API management platforms such as MuleSoft, Apigee or Akana.
• Experience combined with an in-depth understanding of relevant and up to date technologies, applications and techniques.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Experience in identifying ways to improve the end-to-end development of API Platforms and services.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Experience within a regulated environment
Where will you be working?
• Radbroke Hall is a hidden gem in the heart of the Cheshire countryside and home to our 3,200-strong team
• As we’re based in the country side, we have accommodated many facilities including our subsidized canteen, onsite Starbucks café, Tennis and Squash Courts, Gym and shop
• We have an open, friendly culture here at Radbroke and sense of community
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.