- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Application Modernisation Developer - 90214232
Posting Range:4 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
To support the modernisation and migration to Windows 10 OS of the application suite used by colleagues in Barclays ServCo. Act as development support and guide to business application teams to ensure applications are ready, packaged and deployed for the Windows 10 estate.
What will you be doing?
• Work with application team to provide expert guidance and development support during the packaging of desktop applications
• Ensure that all applications used by Functions package and deployed according to the principles established for the Windows 10 live environment.
• Discover the relevant source media for all applications requiring packaging and distribution.
• Pre-packaging application-readiness testing to confirm applications are ready to enter the packaging process.
• Document packaging requirements (e.g. installation instructions, configuration instructions, pre-requisites, post-install tasks) and ensure these are handed over to the packaging team.
• Engage packaging team and provide guidance and testing throughout the packaging process for each application.
• Support the sign-off of application functionality once packaging has been completed.
• Trouble-shooting of application issues, working with packaging team and / or 3rd party vendors as required.
What we’re looking for:
• Knowledge of the application and software development lifecycle.
• General Windows support and configuration experience.
• Knowledge of App-V and MSI technologies.
• Application compatibility tools e.g. APPDNA, ChangeBase, MS shims
Skills that will help you in the role:
• SCCM and Group Policies.
• A general awareness of current IT development and live systems within Barclays including architectures and strategies.
Where will you be working?
We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: Dress down code every day, an onsite gym, remote working, Starbucks, family fun days, Astro turf, Tennis courts and much more. We also offer a free shuttle bus service from Knutsford train station to the site in the morning and from the site back to the train station in the evening.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.