- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Application Modernisation Manager - 90211662
Posting Range:7 Dec 2018 - Ongoing
To lead the modernisation and migration to Windows 10 OS of the application suite used by colleagues in Barclays Servco. Act as intermediary between the business application teams and Barclays Global Technology & Infrastructure Services to ensure applications are ready to be packaged and deployed to the Windows 10 estate.
· Ensure that all applications used by Functions are ready to be packaged and deployed to business users and can be supported in the live environment.
· Discover the relevant source media for all applications requiring packaging and distribution.
· Pre-packaging application-readiness testing to confirm applications are ready to enter the packaging process.
· Document packaging requirements (e.g. installation instructions, configuration instructions, pre-requisites, post-install tasks) and ensure these are handed over to the packaging team.
· Engage packaging team and provide guidance and testing throughout the packaging process for each application.
· Sign-off of application functionality once packaging has been completed.
· Trouble-shooting of application issues, working with packaging team and / or 3rd party vendors as required.
· Communicate progress and issues to business stakeholders and application users.
· Knowledge of the application and software development lifecycle.
· General Windows support and configuration experience.
· Knowledge of App-V and MSI technologies.
· Application compatibility tools e.g. APPDNA, ChangeBase, MS shims
· SCCM and Group Policies.
· Leadership skills
· A general awareness of current IT development and live systems within Barclays including architectures and strategies.
· Experience of working within financial services.
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.