- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £40,000.00 gross per year
- Milton Keynes
Our client is a high growth Technology business with plans for further significant growth over the next 12 months. The role is an opportunity for someone with only a year or two’s experience as this is their entry level position within the team.
Some of what you will be doing will include:
• Provides second line software/IT support and system administration.
• Responsible for maintaining service availability, and continuous order flow supporting
• Dealing with the development and management of our internal systems built on a range of languages and hardware.
• Resolution of IT issues, identification and resolution of problems and clarification of customer requirements and priorities.
• The successful applicant will be working in a small team, using the latest technologies and innovations including Open Source LAMP solutions to commercial software such as GE Smallworld and Salesforce, whilst also dealing with support requests
• To liaise and support any custom code / systems which are delivered
• Supporting our resellers in consuming our public API services, both in testing and production.
• To keep software, datasets and systems up to date.
• Point of escalation for software issues from the Network Operations Centre, as well as owner in the escalation to relevant software providers where necessary
• Point of escalation for Resellers communicating with our systems
To be successful in this role you’ll need:
• Problem solving in a dynamic environment
• The use of Perl/python/ruby and/or shell scripting for quick prototyping of solutions is a must
• To build and configure equipment and systems to business specifications
• Experience in system administration, LAMP, and supporting applications on Linux / ubuntu / redhat
• Experience with Oracle and MySQL databases, simple database administration and SQL for report generation
• Experience in Supporting Microsoft applications, Windows Server 2012+
If you have any of the following skills that would really help but is not essential:
• Salesforce / Simple APEX development experience advantageous
• Experience with Java (including Java Servlets, JDBC, XML) would be advantageous
• Grasp of developing software to run in a distributed n-tier environment, MySQL clustering, concurrency issues, race-conditions and fail over scenarios
• WordPress experience, SharePoint, CMS experience advantageous
- Shell Scripting