- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
Add to Saved Jobs
APPRENTICE ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
Position: Apprentice Administration Assistant
Customer: Cadent Gas
Grade/Salary: RCS P/£17,000 pa
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Closing Date for Applications: Wednesday 19th December 2018
For the role of Apprentice Administration Assistant you will be responsible for ensuring that you are the main focus of operational control across warehousing and transport functions for a nominated site, maintaining an effective and compliant operation across all responsible activities for a nominated site and ensuring adherence to all legal, operational and SHE procedures.
Key Responsibilities in this role will include:
• Stock re-ordering via SAP system
• Inventory Management of stock levels
• Create Stock check program and documents
• First point of contact for customer queries and requests
• Filing and record keeping for Risk Assessments / Safe System of Work Documents
• Filing and record keeping of Transport documentation
• Prepare management information for absence processes i.e. sickness and holidays
• Control of training records for Secondary Stores operations
• Preparation of Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
• Working to site & contract specific SHESQ policies and procedures
• Assist and support the Site Controller where necessary, with a view to tactical absence cover
• Work to the highest standards of safety
• Inventory Stock Management
• Develop and maintain a training matrix for the site
• Accident, Near Miss and Hazard reporting
• Fleet compliance record keeping
• Contract wide picking management information
• Reports from SAP
Key skills and experience in this role will include:
• National CPC (Desirable)
• 2 Day IOSH or equivalent
• Basic GCSE/O’Level English and Maths
• Flexibility to work additional hours
• Understanding of customer service
• Flexibility to cross train roles
• Proactive outlook
• Ability to work without supervision
• Ability to lead a small team (Desirable)
During the 15 month apprenticeship, you will work towards achieving a Level 3 Business Administration Standard Apprenticeship qualification - this will include exercises around proactivity and good judgement, use of Multiple IT packages relevant to the organisation in order to write letters or emails, create minutes of meetings, record and analyse data and demonstrate an agility and confidence in communications, carrying authority appropriately.
You will be allocated a Mentor and a Learner Manager from The Apprenticeship Training Provider who will be a subject matter expert in the field of the Apprenticeship you will be under taking. They will ensure that during the 15 months you will be given the support and assistance you will need to ensure you achieve your Apprenticeship Qualification.
What will you get in return?
As a part of a growing DHL population you will receive access to a variety of our excellent benefits which could include; 25 days holiday, pension scheme, medical cover, childcare vouchers, retail discounts, flexible working, training, development and secondments opportunities and MANY MORE.
What you’ll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement with the desire to succeed, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application. Please include a cover letter stating why you have applied for this role. Please also include copies of any prior learning, GCSE, O level, A/AS Level, HND, BTEC, NVQ, Diplomas, degrees. Applications received without a cover letter and certificates of prior learning will automatically be rejected.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
FACTS AND FIGURES
Division V7, SUPPLY CHAIN
Business Unit DHL Supply Chain UK
Job Type Administration
Career Level Graduates & Entry-Level Professionals
Reports to Regional Operations Manager
Target Hire Date 12/19/2018
About the company
DHL is present in over 220 countries and territories across the globe, making it the most international company in the world. With a workforce exceeding 285,000 employees, we provide solutions for an almost infinite number of logistics needs.
DHL is part of the world's leading postal and logistics Group, Deutsche Post DHL and encompasses three divisions: DHL Express, DHL Global Forwarding, Freight and DHL Supply Chain.