- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Architect - 90216924
Posting Range:20 Feb 2019 - Ongoing
Job Title: Solutions Architect
The Architecture centre of excellence sets the technical strategy and vision, drives innovation and provides centralised enterprise and solution architecture capability across all areas. You will lead and be accountable for all solution/end to end design activities for projects across the end-to-end software development lifecycle. You will support the lead architect in defining the strategy and roadmap for this particular domain
What will you be doing?
• Provide technical consultancy for new initiatives, to assist in the definition of business requirements or technical strategies
• Own end to end technical and application architecture for allocated projects, identifying and engaging all technical component teams that need to contribute
• Work closely with the Lead Architect, programme managers, business analysts & product to understand and challenge requirements
• Support project definition
• Refine business requirements in light of technical constraints and opportunities
• Ensure that end-to-end view is established and that all key requirements are captured Support the definition of clear functional and non-functional requirements
• Agree with business clients how requirements will be tested and any mitigating actions to minimise risk
• Understand technical constraints of live environment / architecture, support business clients in understanding any ‘requirement versus cost’ trade-offs.
What we’re looking for:
• Experience in complex systems integration projects/programmes is a pre-requisite
• Able to exhibit deep technical leadership throughout the project life cycle
• Experience in architecting end to end solutions including application/infrastructure integration
• Able to demonstrate previous evidence of drive, energy, commitment, and enthusiasm.
Skills that will help you in the role:
• You ideally will have experience in banking applications and infrastructure, with an understanding of service management
• Exposure to SOA (Service Orientated Architecture) design principles, service definition and web services implementation including exposure of API components to external consumers
• Competence in the execution of substantial IT delivery programmes from inception through to a successful result
Where will you be working?
We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: Dress down code every day, an onsite gym, remote working, Starbucks, family fun days, Astro turf, Tennis courts and much more. We also offer a free shuttle bus service from Knutsford train station to the site in the morning and from the site back to the train station in the evening.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
About the company
Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for 48 million customers and clients worldwide.
We have over 325 years of history and expertise in banking. From our beginnings in Lombard Street, London through to the launch of the world’s first ATM and innovative mobile phone payments services, find out more about our achievements to date.
Barclays is a trading name of Barclays Bank PLC and its subsidiaries. Barclays Bank PLC is registered in England and is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Registered in England. Registered No. 1026167. Registered office: 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP.