- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- CAMBRIDGESHIRE CAMBRIDGESHIRE
For over 35 years, Mick George Ltd has been the driving force behind a vision for growth, expansion and diversification.
Today we are a major supplier to the UK construction industry, providing a broad range of services from Skip Hire and Waste Management, Aggregates & Concrete Supply right through to Earthworks, Asbestos Management and Demolition. Our Facilities Management division offers a wide range of services to commercial and residential clients for reactive and planned maintenance, right through to refurbishment and building installation.
We know our people are our greatest asset, and that is why we invest in making sure we have the best people throughout the business. We encourage and support every employee in achieving their career aspirations; propelling the business forward and enabling us to achieve the high standards our customers expect throughout their Mick George journey
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Due to continued success and expansion, we are now recruiting for a highly experienced and competent Senior Manager with experience in managing Landfill and Restoration operations. Duties will include:
- The effective management of all landfill operational activities including site staff and labour resources.
- Ensuring environmental compliance at all times including regular audits of internal systems.
- Organisation of services to meet customers’ needs
- To work closely with the Technical Waste Director to monitor and improve productivity and efficiencies
- Resolution of any maintenance issues that may occur on site.
- To ensure that all records required by Statutory Regulation and Company Procedures are maintained
- To be responsible for the continual training and development of multi-disciplined staff on site and to set appropriate targets that deliver continual improvements
- Drive a positive Health & Safety culture throughout the business.
- Ensuring a high level of housekeeping is carried out and maintained across all sites.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience of managing multiple sites within the hazardous waste/ landfill industry is essential.
- Excellent understanding of Hazardous Waste operations
- Experience of Quarry operations would be desirable
- Ability to manage a diverse team and lead by example
- A problem solver and ability to 'think on your feet’
- Computer literate
- WAMITAB CoTC Level 4 in Waste Management Operations - Managing Landfill Hazardous Waste - 4MLH
- IOSH Managing Safely would be advantageous.
The Mick George Group is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all. The company seeks to employ a workforce that reflects the diverse community at large and values the individual’s contribution irrespective of sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, colour, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin.
- Hazardous Waste Management
- Senior Management