- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- Saint Andrews
Assistant Banquet Manager
Engaging service, delicious cuisine and distinctive surroundings make every special event at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts a truly memorable affair. Showcase your communication and organization strengths as Assistant Banquet Manager, where you will lead and liaise among multiple departments to ensure each group function is truly exceptional.
Hotel Overview:Set on a 520 acre estate with a unique coastal setting in the Home of Golf, Fairmont St Andrews is the perfect location to turn any holiday into a treasured memory whilst offering a resort experience steeped in the history of the area and traditions of Scotland. The Resort includes 209 luxurious guest bedrooms, 6 diverse dining outlets, 2 golf courses and a tranquil Spa & Leisure facility.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Conference and Banqueting Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Lead and supervise the Banquet team in all aspects of the department and ensure service standards are followed
- Handle guest concerns and react quickly and professionally
- Train Colleagues and supervisors in the absence of a trainer
- Balance operational, administrative and Colleague needs
- Contribute to departmental meetings
- Review all banquet event orders to ensure proper set-ups are in place
- Work with the Conference Services & Catering department to ensure that revenues and guest satisfaction levels are maximized
- Ensure proper staffing and scheduling of all Banquet Colleagues in accordance to productivity guidelines
- Follow outlet policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous leadership experience in Food & Beverage required
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Applicants must be eligible to work in the EU or hold a valid work authorisation for the UK.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!