- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
As one of the greatest successes in the building materials industry, Armstrong Ceiling Solutions is a true pioneer of ceiling and suspension systems with more than 150 years' expertise in delivering acoustic ceiling solutions for building interiors.
Today, our deep-rooted manufacturing origins and solid Armstrong brand foundation means we have evolved into the world's leading and most innovative manufacture of acoustic ceiling solutions whose mission is to offer the best products, value and service to our customers.
As a recently carved out business, we now comprise two production plants in Team Valley, UK, one for mineral fibre tiles and one for grid, as well as sales teams responsible for selling mineral fibre tiles and grid in the UK, Ireland, Turkey, Austria, Germany, Italy, Spain, Portugal and the Baltic States.
This business is well positioned in these markets and highly profitable and will also benefit from significant investment in the coming 3-5 years in order to expand the production capability of both manufacturing sites.
In summary, we begin our journey as a business with 227 people in 11 countries with 2 plants and 1 brand. As a carve-out from Armstrong World Industries Ltd, it has one of the strongest bases that a ceiling manufacturer can have.
Reporting into the Senior Procurement Manager and working alongside a Buyer, you will be accountable for purchasing both Directs and Indirects for Armstrong Ceiling Solutions' manufacturing sites in the UK. Key responsibilities will include:
- Operational purchasing for both production sites
- Supplier relationship management and performance reviews
- New sourcing, tendering and supplier selection, contract negotiation and on-boarding
- Monitoring and reporting upon PPV
- Full accountability for master data integrity on SAP, relating to purchasing activity and supplier information
- Managing invoice reconciliation and queries
- Actively contributing to best purchasing process and practice improvements
Armstrong Ceiling Solutions are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate:
- Strong purchasing background from within manufacturing, chemicals or engineering
- Confident communication and strong relationship building and negotiation skills (internal and external)
- Logical approach with excellent attention to detail
- A real team player mentality
- Assertiveness - self-starter, able to work upon own initiative
- SAP experience would be preferential
This role represents a fantastic opportunity for a Buyer or Junior Buyer to further develop their purchasing experience across both Direct and Indirect categories during an exciting period of transformation. Excellent opportunities for progression for the right candidate.