- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £26,000.00 - £28,000.00 gross per year
- Milton Keynes
This newly created Assistant Buyer role is with one of the largest and most respected brands in their sector. The brand is synonymous with excitement and best value entertainment.
This role will be focused on providing solutions to the UK business. It will provide opportunities for you to develop your technical and commercial skills, with plenty of opportunity for personal development.
- Source suppliers for specific items as specified by the Product Team.
- Negotiate prices and payment terms.
- Aim to have as many items from as fewer suppliers as possible whilst obtaining the best price.
- Ascertain expected volumes and required timescales so that the best price can be achieved and availability is ensured for as and when required.
- Place orders with the suppliers and manage the delivery dates and communications to the stakeholders.
- Liaise with the stakeholders to ensure they understand the lead times and any other relevant requirements.
- Establish common areas between the Construction and Maintenance departments - rationalise the suppliers and negotiate better prices / terms.
- Put KPIs and contracts in place.
- Performance manage the key suppliers.
- Previous procurement experience.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Well organised.
- Good communicator.
- Good computer skills.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.