- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Assistant Financial Controller - We are delighted to be advertising on behalf of our Client who is an award-winning luxury guest destination nestled in an idyllic location and beautiful grounds. They are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Financial Controller to join their Accounts team based in Newmarket, Suffolk on a permanent basis. In return they are offering a competitive salary depending on experience.
Due to continuing success is based on the team they have working there. Our client look not only for skills, but also passion and enthusiasm and the ability to deliver outstanding service & hospitality and are a privately owned, independent 4 Red Star Hotel and Spa. The successful Assistant Financial Controller will be joining their accounts team to provide assistance and general administration duties.
As an Assistant Financial Controller your duties will include:
- To support in managing all finance and accounting operations
- To support in the preparation of monthly management accounts and year end accounts
- Preparing and performing all year-end financial procedures, budgets and financial forecasts
- Liaising with HR and Heads of Department and with Head Office/Parent Company
- VAT submission within deadlines
- Ensuring that all statutory deadlines are met
- Maintaining accurate financial information
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of finance legislation.
Skills and Attributes
- AAT / CIMA/ ACCA Qualified.
- Experience of Sage Line 50 accounts and Sage Payroll would be desirable and Excel
- Experience of preparing monthly Management Accounts and accurate year end Accounts
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Confident and enthusiastic and a proven ability to lead and motivate a team with previous experience working in a high volume transactions team.
- Able to work on own initiative or with others on tasks with minimal supervision.
- Able to produce timely and accurate financial reports and demonstrable aptitude for figures.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise work load.
- Able to produce and respond appropriately to detailed written and oral communication.
- Show an awareness of others' roles, responsibilities and requirements in carrying out
In return are offering a full-time, permanent role, working Monday to Friday. A salary depending on experience. Benefits include 28 days holiday per year (pro-rata), free cooked meals whilst on duty, free health and fitness club membership, 50% food discount with their restaurant/bar lounge, training if required
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join this company, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider, an Online Job Advertiser and Specialist Recruiter, who provide recruitment services in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: management accountant, finance manager, financial controller
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.
- financial controller
- finance manager
- management accountant