- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £55,000.00 - £60,000.00 gross per year
- St Albans
Assistant Financial Controller
Based in St Albans, Hertfordshire our client, MRK Associates is exclusively working with a global leader in its field with a reputation for speed and quality who are looking for an Assistant Financial Controller to join their team on a permanent basis.
This role would suit an enthusiastic ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified Accountant who will be responsible for assisting with the co-ordination and management of the finance function and also for various month end accounting tasks and activities. Excellent time management and prioritisation skills, and the ability to communicate with all levels of the business is essential to supporting the Finance team.
This company is a market leader within their field, and they are continuing to grow their portfolio organically and through targeted acquisitions.
The successful individual will have a minimum of three years' experience of working in a large multi-national organisation. You will be highly numerate and tenacious with exceptional Excel modelling skills and proficiency in PowerPoint. You will have experience of preparing Management accounts, month-end reporting and managing deadlines, with organisational and communication skills.
Duties will include:
- Manage key balance sheet accounts and be responsible for all financial accounting entries and operational queries relating to those areas.
- Manage P&L accounts and variances between results and budget
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- In control of managing the intercompany matrix and supporting towards reducing the group structure
- Key contact with auditors managing at interim and final audit
- Support development of best practice and process improvement
- Updating policies and procedures in line with legislation
- Support with work around business combinations and disposals
- Perform other ad hoc duties as required (for accounts and other departments)
For more information about this role or any other Assistant Financial Controller jobs in Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability