- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
- MANCHESTER LANCASHIRE
Are you a passionate, highly organised and team orientated experienced Assistant Freight Manager?
N Brown has a new opportunity, based within our Imports division, for an Assistant Freight Manager to come on board. This role will be responsible for controlling costs, managing relationships with external customers, as well as the wider N Brown Merchandising/ Product teams, and to continually improve and ultimately provide an amazing service for the N Brown customer.
N Brown is looking for somebody who can bring and share their extensive knowledge of goods management and importing, to make a real significant difference to the way our organisation manages the freight side of our direct import supply chain.
What you’ll be responsible for as an Assistant Manager:
- Contribute to the design and implementation of cost-efficient processes without delay/ impact to the Buying and Merchandising Team.
- Daily engagement with forwarders and shipping partners.
- Working with the wider Imports team to generate and support the implementation of accurate, compliant and effective systems for the imports processes.
- Deliver training requirements to the Buying and Merchandising function to ensure a full understanding of the process.
- Collating statistics from internal/external stakeholders, monitoring of SLA’s and to reactively and proactively manage any system queries.
- Monitor and report on internal shipping authorisation processes.
- Working with stakeholders on specific projects to deliver improvements throughout the inbound supply chain processes.
- Continue to deliver a culture of continuous improvement.
Think you have what it takes? To be a successful Assistant Manager this is what we’re looking for:
- Experience within a similar role with demonstrable knowledge of Freight Management & Imports.
- Previous experience of project management, risk assessment and mapping within a freight or imports environment.
- Exposure to or knowledge of movement processes whether by sea, air or road
- Strong analytical ability and advanced Excel skills.
- A proactive nature to ensure an up to date knowledge of relevant changes within the regulations and systems concerned with the importing and exporting of goods.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and manage relationships.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Enthusiasm and determination.
In return, the Assistant Manager will receive a salary of up to £31,000 plus benefits and bonus.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers’ personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check. ?Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with N Brown Group.
- ms project