- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
HOTEL OR ENTITY
ibis Styles London Southwark - near Borough Market
City Central London / West End State London (England) Region/Country United Kingdom
As our ‘‘all-inclusive’’ economy brand, the ibis Styles rate includes room and an all-you-can-eat buffet breakfast, as well as broadband Internet access and a multitude of little extras at no extra cost. Located in city centres and business centres, every hotel has its own distinct personality and bright, colourful, high-energy decorative style… all with a touch of humour.A network of hotels where simplicity, generosity, quality, conviviality and availability come together.The ibis Styles brand is reinventing the economy hotel sector with an all-inclusive package at economy prices. Guests enjoy modular room layouts, free drinks, newspapers and magazines and a host of little extras.Every hotel displays its signed quality charter and is inspected regularly.The open-plan spaces, interactive t
Discover the hotel
Job Level Job
Fixed-term contract: No
Status Full Time
Anticipated Start Date 20-09-2018
Level of Education
Areas of study
1 to 2 years
ESSENTIAL AND OPTIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Overview of duties
"• Ensures that guests' stay at the hotel runs smoothly
• Manages and motivates Front-office teams in order to provide high quality services to guests
• Contributes to guest satisfaction by providing a high standard of service in line with norms and procedures
• Helps the department meet its targets
• Helps increase hotel revenue through his/her sales efforts
• Adopts appropriate ibis Styles service-oriented behaviours and attitudes, focussing on the brand's values: Modernity, Simplicity, Well-being"
"• Is regularly available in the hotel lobby and reception, brings the social area to life and promotes the brand and hotel's offers depending on each type of clientele
• Develops high quality relationships with guests, applying the ibis Styles hospitality policy from the moment they arrive and throughout the whole stay, in order to encourage loyalty
• Anticipates guests' needs and takes them into account
• Handles any guest complaints that are not settled directly by team members"
Professional techniques / Production
"• Knows all about ibis Styles' special features and informs guests about the formalities, any special conditions relating to their stay and the services available
• Organises arrivals and departures, encouraging guests to check out at times other than on departure
• Coordinates room allocation, handling any switches as necessary
• Communicates with the other departments whenever needed
• Ensures that guest documentation is available and up-to-date"
Team management and cross-departmental responsibilities
"• Anticipates needs and organises recruitment for the team
• Ensures the team operates smoothly: prepares the work schedules taking each person's skills into account, leads, motivates, creates a good working atmosphere...
• Carries out annual performance appraisals for his/her employees, sets targets and provides support for career development
• Prepares the team's training plan and follows up implementation
• Ensures compliance with labour legislation
• Informs and listens to, consults and involves the team in the life of the hotel and network, allocating responsibility as appropriate"
Commercial / Sales
"• Trains the team to use the appropriate sales pitches and supervises implementation
• Sets daily occupancy rate and average room rate targets for the team
• Helps define the pricing and rooms strategy
• Ensures the brand and/or Group's loyalty programme is promoted to guests
• Ensures the team applies the inter-hotel coordination policy to encourage synergy within the marketplace • Ensures high standards of service and the fulfilment of the brand's quality promise; encourages guests to post comments on the interactive Visitors' Book"
Management and administration
"• Draws up the department's annual budget, analyses results and implements any corrective actions required
• Ensures that invoicing and cash operations procedures are respected
• Updates dashboard charts (revenue, occupancy rates, average room rate, activity forecasts, headcount planning,
About the company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,100 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making “Feel Welcome” resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.