- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £16,177.00 - £20,296.00 gross per year
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced Assistant Home School Support Worker. The candidate will provide advice, support and guidance to pupils and their families at Delce Academy.
You will need to be patient and calm, with a consistent and positive approach and will need to be able to communicate well and work alongside local agencies, such as health workers and social care workers. You will need to be a flexible team player with an optimistic outlook.
We require someone who has experience of handling safeguarding issues and who can contribute to case conferences and the implementation of child protection plans. Child protection training is required.
We are looking for:
• Proven experience of dealing with safeguarding issues;
• Proven experience of undertaking analysis / incident reviews;
• Knowledge of Education Safeguarding and Children’s Services / Social Care;
• Good IT and administrative skills;
• Successful experience of building constructive relationships with pupils, parents/carers, school staff and outside agencies;
• Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
• A commitment to whole school development and success.
We will offer:
• Support, training and professional development.
• Gain valuable experience of working in an educational environment;
• An enthusiastic, caring staff who have high expectations of themselves and the pupils;
• The opportunity to make a difference in a caring Academy.
Delce Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.