- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary £30,000.00 - £37,000.00 gross per year
Assistant Management Accountant - Private EquityAssistant Management Accountant - Private Equity
The firm is a leading independent UK focused mid-market Private Equity firm with over £4.0 billion in AUM.
There has been significant growth in all aspects of the business in recent years and the Corporate team is now in need of further resource to support the growing demands of the Investment Adviser.
Role and team
The role will sit within the Corporate Accounting team supporting the Accountant and report into the Corporate Accounting Manager. The primary responsibilities will revolve around the financial and management accounting and all related activities for the Investment Adviser and this role will provide study support to the candidate to assist them complete their accounting qualifications.
The Corporate team structure comprises of the CFO, Head of Fund & Corporate Accounting, Corporate Accounting Manager, Accountant and Finance Assistant. The team also supports and works closely with other members of the finance team including the Fund Accountants, Portfolio Director and General Counsel. There is a very collegiate environment, it is an open team and colleagues are willing to help to work through challenges together.
- Preparation of management accounts for the Investment Adviser and other ancillary entities.
- Periodic reconciliation of accounts to ensure their accuracy.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts for the Investment Adviser.
- Preparation and review of tax reporting information.
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts and reports for the Investment Adviser and other ancillary entities.
- Support the annual audit for the group / corporate entities, includes liaising with auditors and resolving queries throughout the audit.
- Preparation of ad hoc management reporting data for senior stakeholders.
- Preparation and review of regulatory returns and other compliance requirements as required.
- Supporting the immediate and wider finance team with various projects to help make function 'best-in-class'.
Skills and Experience needed:
- Part qualified chartered/certified accountant.
- 18 months - 2 years' experience within a similar role in Financial Services or Accountant Practice.
- Have excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Excel.
- Able to manage short and medium term projects to meet ultimate deadlines.
- Knowledge of NetSuite would be beneficial (but not essential).
- Work independently and enjoy researching technical matters, also able to know when it is appropriate to ask for further guidance to supplement their knowledge.
- Confident to deal with a wide range of stakeholders.
- microsoft excel