- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Assistant VAT Accountant – Your future position?
Does a challenging opportunity within the financial area of a global organization sound appealing? Do you thrive in meeting challenging deadlines working within a fast paced environment? Your VAT knowledge and expertise will ensure accurate and timely completion of tax registrations, returns and reporting.
This is a part-time, permanent role working 14.5 hours per week preferably worked over 2 or 3 days.
Based in Ashford, Kent as Assistant VAT Accountant you will report to the UK Finance Manager. You will be a key team player in:
- Reviewing data to ensure accuracy and completeness of VAT, Intrastat and ESL returns for all VAT registrations in the UK and Europe;
- Supporting the trade affairs team and the business for all VAT related compliance and reporting;
- Assisting in preparation of analysis and reports for customs and indirect tax returns and supporting during internal and external audits and enquiries.
If this sounds appealing, you will need to be able to undertake:
- Timely and accurate reporting of the Company’s VAT data and correct assignment in the relevant financial ledgers
- Analytical review and resolution of key accounts, undertaking checks and validation for accurate reporting.
- Supporting the business in the management of duty deferment accounts and other site customs enquiries
Are you a team player with excellent organisational skills? Are you diplomatic under pressure and take pride in your professionalism? Are you committed to managing and taking ownership of your workload to make informed decisions? Then come join us – and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent in a Business or Finance related subject is essential
- Qualified Accountant accreditation ATT, AAT or equivalent is desirable
- Good knowledge of Customs, VAT, Intrastat and other Fiscal reporting
- Experience of using financial management software i.e. SAP or similar is essential. Knowledge and previous experience in using SAP is desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Excellent communication skills