- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
DAC Beachcroft are recruiting an Associate Solicitor specifically to join our Technology and Commercial team in London to work for a number of key Technology clients, as well as some of our major national clients within our key sectors such as financial services. Work is growing fast resulting in the need to recruit a team member.
The successful applicant would work primarily on IT and commercial contracts, and will have an opportunity to work on related matters such as IP and data protection. The workload includes general commercial agreements, software development and licensing, technology implementation projects, ecommerce and digital platforms, data licensing and services arrangements, product and services supply agreements, and IT and business process outsourcing.
This is an opportunity to join a well-known and successful London based Technology team which is part of a national team of approx. 35 Technology lawyers. Clients range from quick growth digital businesses, established medium-sized Technology business, ‘blue-chip’ businesses, and as well as disruptors such as digital challenger banks.
- Handle a varied workload and act as a point of contact for clients, demonstrating a level of knowledge and skill commensurate with experience.
- Work flexibly with clients who may or may not be legally qualified. Develop an early awareness of the relationship with and position of client contacts.
- Assist, where required, with the relationship management of existing clients of the business.
- Support marketing and business development activity within the team e.g. article and newsletter authorship, attending marketing events and client training.
- Work with other practice groups to identify mutual business opportunities. Build effective internal and external networks.
- Maintain an awareness of the firm's strategies and plans.
- Maintain and develop technical knowledge and commercial skills and awareness through attendance at training sessions, reading appropriate publications and exceeding Law Society CPD requirements.
- Handle confidential information in line with the firm's data security protocols.
The Ideal Candidate
- Knowledge of and genuine interest in Technology and the market, and the enthusiasm to learn more.
- Strong Commercial technical skills.
- Typically having between 3-6 years post qualification experience.
- Proven ability to meet financial management objectives within Solicitor role.
- Good relationship and client handling skills. Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues. Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels.
- Ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an ‘academic’ approach to legal issues.
- Robust personality, not afraid of working for challenging clients.
- Experience of dealing with commercially minded and focussed clients and shaping advice to the needs of such clients, or able to demonstrate a clear willingness and capability to work in this way.
- Demonstrate ability to work collaboratively with team members, to share knowledge with and support other members of the team.
About the Company
We are a leading international legal business with over 2,400 colleagues and a diverse range of capabilities. We have 11 offices in the UK as well as offices in Dublin, Madrid, Singapore, Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Miami. We also have associations/alliances with firms in Northern Ireland, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Brazil, Peru, Central America, Argentina, the USA, Australia and Germany.
We are known for our market-leading presence in sectors such as Insurance, Health and Real Estate. This is complemented by a fast-growing Business Advisory capability. We represent a wide range of clients, ranging from household names to government departments and NHS bodies. We act for the majority of the top 30 insurance and financial services companies operating in the UK. We are the asset management lawyers for the UK’s largest shopping centres and act for 9 of the UK’s top 10 housebuilders.
We have an impressive legal pedigree, with 155 Chambers UK 2019 practice area and individual lawyer rankings, including 30 rankings at 'Band 1' level. In Legal 500 UK, 2018, the firm received top tier ranking for 32 of its practice areas and 59 practice areas in the top two tiers. In March 2018, we were named as one of Legal Week's Best Legal Advisors for the third year running, achieving category-leading satisfaction scores for our commercial approach, service delivery, quality of legal advice, communication & responsiveness and overall relationships.
Our vision is to be leading business advisers, recognised for our insight and our outstanding commitment to clients, and for being the place where talented people want to work. For furt