- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
With data we excel at helping local businesses around the world thrive. We need someone to help lead the team.
Are you ready to test your skills using massive amounts of information to make critical business decisions?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfil our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a dynamic, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that encourages innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
IDL, part of the Groupon family is one of Europe’s fastest growing mobile marketing companies, with a team of over 100 working on its award-winning vouchercloud and Giftcloud businesses to deliver creative digital campaigns for world-famous brands. IDL’s flagship product - vouchercloud - is a UK leading voucher platform, having revolutionised the marketplace with the launch of Europe’s first voucher app in 2010. The app has since been downloaded over 10 million times globally, and the website sees 5 million monthly web sessions, with savvy shoppers across the world accessing a huge range of money saving deals.
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional to drive analytics and run an analytics team in support of the Groupon Coupons Global Business. This person will develop a team tasked with implementing and optimizing tools and strategies to translate raw data into valuable insights that guide the business. You will focus on developing and optimizing core analytics visualization tools, delivering insights that power the business, and partner management. As you will play a meaningful role in the team, we expect you to have strong logical reasoning skills, strong insight and analytics development skills, and be experienced in optimizing data visualisation. You will drive requirement gathering and analytics developments with an aim toward providing data visualisation tools to guide short-term and long-term decisions for the business.
We're a "best of both worlds" kind of company. We're big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We're curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
You’ll spend time on the following:
- You will develop analytics and data visualisation plans to enable optimization of revenue
- You will be responsible for implementing data tools and standard methodologies that enable end users to optimize business levers
- You will lead a team of 3+ analysts across multiple locations, striving for success
- Help transform data into important business insights
- Develop and maintain new data sources that help the business succeed
- Dedicatedly uncover important revenue optimization insights through data without specific direction by others
- Drive key partners to prioritize key projects and initiatives that align with data-driven recommendations
- Build strong relationships with product management, engineering, and business teams to develop exceptional analytics and data visualization
- Provide important recommendations and insights that aid short- and long-term decision-making for the businesses
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Experience working in data analysis, reporting, and SQL; relevant industry experience is a bonus
- Previous people management experience
- Vast knowledge of ecommerce customer flows and demonstrable experience optimising data visualization tools to drive the business forward
- Significant experience developing analytics - preferably proficient in Tableau
- Solid experience utilising the full suite of Microsoft Office and Google docs suites including higher end formula and scripting techniques
- Experience of web measurement tools such as Google Analytics
- Experience in ecommerce, digital marketing, affiliate marketing and preferably digital coupons / vouchers
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and are able to bring multiple teams together in order to drive product requirements processes that lead to actionable tool set development
- You take
About the company
Groupon is a global e-commerce marketplace connecting millions of subscribers with local merchants by offering activities, travel, goods and services in more than 45 countries. Groupon was launched in November 2008, and the first market for Groupon was Chicago, followed soon thereafter by Boston, New York City, and Toronto. By October 2010 Groupon served more than 150 markets[clarification needed] in North America and 100 markets in Europe, Asia, and South America, and had 35 million registered users. By the end of March 2015, Groupon served more than 500 markets worldwide, nearly 48.1 million active customers and featured more than 425,000 active deals globally