- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
We are looking for an Associateto join the Direct Private Equity (DPE) team in London, during an exciting period of transformative growth. CPP Investments' DPE group manages a C$39 billion portfolio of direct private equity investments, investing out of offices in Toronto and London. DPE consists of 65 investment professionals and operates with a broad mandate ranging from late stage venture capital to large scale, control investments of platforms intended to be long term investments.
Based in London, you will be part of a dynamic, flexible, and fast-growing private equity practice that has grown its portfolio from ~C$1.1 billion in 2012 to ~C$13 billion in 2019 and its investment professional base from three to twenty-three over the same time period. Recent relevant transactions for CPP Investments in Europe include the 2018 acquisition of Sportradar (€2.1bn value), a fast growing, founder led sports data and analytics company, the 2019 take-private of Inmarsat ($6bn value), a leading provider of mobile satellite services, the 2018 acquisition of a 30% stake in BGL Group for £675 million, the leading digital distributor of insurance and household financial services and owner of comparethemarket.com, and the 2017 acquisition of a 48% stake in GlobalLogic, a global leader in digital product development services.
You will work with Senior Associates and Principals on deal teams to:
- Analyze potential investment opportunities
- Conduct research and due diligence in collaboration with advisors
- Build financial models to assist in investment evaluation, structuring and financing
- Actively participate in the investment process
- Develop relationships with management teams as part of monitoring portfolio companies
A particular focus is placed on helping Associates develop a well-rounded set of skills as an investor and leader with a strong understanding of the deal process from origination through to exit.
Consider applying if you:
- Haverelated work experience in investment banking or private equity
- Excellent research, financial modeling, analytical and valuation skills, including experience evaluating and building LBO models
- Have a track record of academic achievement and professional advancement
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Comfortable working in a flat structure
- Have great communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package for this full time permanent position.
The position will be based out of the London Office at 40 Portman Square, London, W1H 6LT.
Opening date for applications is May 20, 2020and closing date for applications is June 17, 2020.
Visit ourLinkedin Career PageorFollow usonLinkedin. #LI-POST
At CPP Investments, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process.
CPP Investments does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPP Investments to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPP Investments will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
About the company