- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
The Company &Culture
For more than 28years our adventurous spirit has driven us to do things better and drive changethrough our industry. We have helped shape cities around the world. Mace is nowa £2.35bn company, operating in 21 sectorsfromfive global hubs acrossconsultancy and construction, inspiring each other and our clients to innovate.We champion people, whether as individuals orteams. Our people constantly strive for better and always go that extra mile,inspiring each other and clients to innovate. We challenge convention, apply acan do attitude and are committed to quality and service excellence.
Our Values We have four simplevalues that guide our behaviour and culture of innovation. Our values permeatethrough everything we do, including our relationships with our clients, ourpartners, our suppliers and the communities where we work.
- Safety first – going home safe and well
- Client focus – deliver on our promises
- Create opportunity – for our people to excel
- Integrity – always doing the right thing The role
Associate Director - Building Surveying
Associate level buildingsurveyor required to support our operations director in the management of anexpanding team of building surveyors in the Southern region. You should be experiencedin providing professional and project delivery building surveying services workingacross a good breadth of sectors.
Some of yourresponsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the strategic plans for thebusiness and help maintain and develop business for the future.
- Taking responsibility for the management of clientand project teams to deliver building surveying services profitably and ontime.
- Delivering projects from inception to completionwith the minimum of supervision to meet the project objectives in accordancewith company policies.
- Providing new business proposals and tendering,liaising with the marketing team to ensure highest quality marketing andpromotional materials.
- Collaborating with other service streams, sectorsand the wider business to provide combined and innovative solutions improvingour commercial advantage.
- Ensuring the quality and timeliness of servicedelivery to clients, acting as primary interface to help build clients'confidence in the team.
- Participating in relevant internal/externaltraining initiatives.
- Looking for opportunities to bring and build value,delivering client solutions which exceed expectations
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developmentsin best practice.
- Managing and guiding teams to enable a stronglymotivated, engaged and high performing function.
- Managing others including undertaking performanceand development reviews and mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues.
- Supervising, directing and providing technical expertiseto team members. Your knowledge, experience and skillsneed to include:
- Previous experience working in building surveyingconsultancy environment.
- Proven track record of generating opportunities andwinning work.
- Client management and development.
- Background preparing and presenting fee submissionsand bid writing is beneficial.
- Good appreciation of professional and project basedbuilding surveying matters.
- Detailed knowledge of working within the buildingsurveying and consultancy services market.
- ms project