- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Associate Director, Consulting ProcurementRequisition ID
Posting End Date
The Associate Director, Consulting Procurement provides procurement leadership as part of multi-disciplinary project teams and within the PODD by advising and coaching team members. The role drives change and actively contributes to the continuous improvement of the Bank's PODD activity.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Provide advice and guidance to PODD Banking Team members and key stakeholders on the interpretation and implementation of the Bank's Policy / Directive / Procedures and development of relevant instruments, and systems for sound, efficient and economic delivery of the consultancy procurement conducted by the PODD Team.
- Review and approve procurement plans, evaluation reports, and negotiation and contract award recommendations.
- Authorised Bank signatory for all PODD consultancy contracts and approval of exceptions to competitive procurement.
- Lead staff in drafting PODD procurement Procedures under the guidance of the Director, PODD. Responsible for developing procurement strategies in cooperation with Budget and PODD Banking Stakeholder departments that: deliver commercially and operationally optimal outcomes for the Bank; develop and continuously improve consultant performance / value in response to the Bank's evolving needs and the changes in the relevant market; and are monitored / measured using both consultant performance assessment (e.g. service level agreements and key performance indicators) and market benchmarking.
- Conduct commercial contract negotiations in respect of complex, high-profile contracts with highly sophisticated consultancy firms (e.g. "Big 4" Auditors, international Management Consultancy firms etc.).
- As required, address problematic situations where disputes with internal stakeholders could escalate and tackle complaints or potential complaints from consultants in accordance with the Bank's procurement complaint process.
- Lead a team of four procurement professionals to deliver 'World Class' procurement expertise, know-how and results. Maintain and enhance these high standards through career planning and professional development for all members of the team.
- Recruit, motivate, coach and manage staff with a focus on professional development and continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders by encouraging a collaborative culture that aligns the objectives of PODD with those of its key stakeholders (all Banking Departments of the Bank).
- Lead relevant training for bank staff both at HQ and in the Resident Offices with respect to PODD Banking team activites, including leading initiatives for the management of significant consultancy contracts.
- Represent the Department, providing professional procurement input, advice and solutions to inter-departmental working groups.
- Represent the Bank at MDB and IFI meetings and at an industry level to promote best procurement practice e.g. professional associations and suppliers associations etc.
- Conduct outreach/business development to facilitate the consultants / suppliers awareness of and participation in the Bank's procurement opportunities. Identify suitable opportunities for outreach and design bespoke material where necessary. Analyse and promote market development to specific measures to develop consultancy / supplier markets in the Bank's more advanced Countries of Operation.
- Directly accountable for the engagement and effective overall management of staff including recruitment, compensation (as agreed with the Director of Department, if applicable), performance management, coaching and development.
- Champion and role model the Bank's Behavioural Competencies and Corporate Behaviours, ensuring adherence within the team(s) so that the highest standards of integrity and ethical conduct are exhibited at all times
- Deliver category targets as agreed with the Banking, Budgeting and PODD Director, including savings, quality and operational improvements
Knowledge, Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Comprehensive knowledge of the global consultancy market for technical assistance, its key players on both the demand (MDB's, bilateral aid agencies, governments etc.) and supply side (consultancy associations etc.) and their issues and concerns;
- Good knowledge of EBRD or similar Banking projects and technical assistance programs.
- High level of experience in contract matters, including negotiation and contract award of consultancy services in an international environment and ability to lead negotiations and make judgement calls;
- Education to Degree level or equivalent. A Masters or a professional qualification would be desirable combined with extensive practical experience in procurement.
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent is preferable.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Problem solver with good business judgment.
- Change management skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written.
- Experience of responding effectively to the needs of multiple stakeholders using innovative approaches to coordinate potentially conflicting objectives;
- Acting with fiduciary responsibility and integrity;
- Clear understanding of good corporate governance and issues of segregation of duties.
Diversity is one of the Bank's core values which are at the heart of everything it does. A diverse workforce with the right knowledge and skills enables connection with our clients, brings pioneering ideas, energy and innovation. The EBRD staff is characterised by its rich diversity of nationalities, cultures and opinions and we aim to sustain and build on this strength. As such, the EBRD seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities and works in an inclusive environment. The EBRD encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the EBRD member countries to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. As an inclusive employer, we promote flexible working.
Job Segment: Manager, Procurement, Bank, Banking, Consulting, Management, Operations, Finance, Technology
- ms project