- Entry level
- No Education
- Salary to negotiate
Associate Director, Creditor Advisory
Alvarez & Marsal
Alvarez & Marsal (A&M) is the leading independent global professional services firm with more than $1.3+ billion in revenues and 3000+ staff around the globe. We deliver world-leading performance improvement and advisory consulting – for restructuring, transformation, and healthy company situations. This allows organisations to transform operations, catapult growth and accelerate results through decisive action.
The regulatory changes impacting audit practices in the U.K. and Europe are having a significant impact on the Restructuring practices of the Big 4 accounting firms. This has created a huge opportunity for growth and A&M has expanded its Restructuring practice significantly.
A&M’s established European Creditor Advisory practice enables lenders and secured creditor groups with interests in distressed companies to clearly evaluate the risks and opportunities of a company’s business plan and restructuring alternatives so that they can make informed decisions to maximize recovery. This team is winning and delivering work at a rapid pace and as a result we are recruiting talented individuals to join this expanding team at Associate Director level.
The successful candidate will work on multi-stakeholder, multi-national restructuring advisory engagements delivering a blend of review and stakeholder advisory work to clients.
- Work with Managing Directors and Senior Directors to deliver client projects, taking on the role of key engagement contact as and when required
- Build strong, trusted, long term relationships with key stakeholders in the UK and European lending community through the delivery of value added client engagements
- Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Managing Director input
- Manage team members ensuring effective delegation and high standards of client deliverables
- Management of engagements and projects to scope time and budget
- Contributing to business development activities including the creation of client pitches and proposals to win new mandates The successful candidate will have experience of:
- Leading engagements or parts of engagements and managing diverse and complex stakeholder groups in Restructuring situations
- Advising stakeholders to distressed businesses; assessing Group-level financial performance in addition to analysis of the financial viability of subsidiary companies
- Preparing corporate strategic plans in addition to implementation support for subsidiaries
- Contingency planning, cash flow assessments and Independent Business Reviews
- Performance monitoring following business plan implementation The person
- Extensive experience within a lender advisory professional services team at a leading firm
- Strong track record including an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Ability to demonstrate experience delivering complex restructuring projects including Independent Business Reviews, short term cash flow assessments, capital structure analysis and contingency planning
- Able to demonstrate experience of working with operational and finance teams within large distressed organisations
- Experience of working with multiple stakeholders across both lenders and corporates in challenging situations
- Demonstrated expertise and aptitude with conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses, particularly with constructing integrated financial models, analysing financial under performance and related services S oft skills
In addition to the skills and qualities detailed above, the desired candidate will also demonstrate the following attributes;
- Capacity to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and uncertain environment
- Strong facilitation skills, forging consensus around credible, executable solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, confident and impactful presenter.
- Objective, fact based approach to problem solving.
- Driven by values and integrity, talks straight, builds confidence and leads by example. Voluntary Inclusion
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.